Why become a member? ×

Musician wanted ads - the kiss of death!

JapanAxe

I used to laugh at "World class lead guitarist wanted, ideally 14 -17 years old" I've stopped laughing now as there actually are some out there these days.

If I look at the ads now, I find myself muttering an optimistic "oooh" when the ad reads, bass player for 60 + old farts pub rock band :unsure: [size=4] [/size]

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1412621264' post='2570522']
This guy has been looking for a bassist for close to a year now. I wonder why...

[url="http://www.joinmyband.co.uk/classifieds/ex-versace-smile-keyboardist-seeks-bassist-t680772.html"]http://www.joinmyban...st-t680772.html[/url]
[/quote]

Just looked up the band, they have less likes on Facebook than my band and we broke up 3 years ago and were sh*te, why are they arguing over worthless songs?

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1409340014' post='2538880']
Management and label interest brings the cynic out in me!
[/quote]
Oh yes. And the manager then ask us to play for free in exchange for royalties...only for the singer to be signed and dump their manager along with the royalties agreement.

I think more annoying that all that, is the adverts put on by someone who makes out they are so desperate to be in a band
But then doesn't reply to any of their messages

We are desperately looking for a singer at the moment and so are trawling these sites daily but to no avail

We have had a couple of replies, one from a singer who lived over 20 miles away but had no transport and so assumed that one of us would go and pick them up !!!!!!!

Another replied and said they had no kit (jeez how many singers have a PA) but they literally had nothing, but was willing to buy a mic if it worked out !!! FFS are these people serious

Anyway. Any one know a good rock singer in Swindon, who can strum a few chords if needed but not essential

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1412640249' post='2570743']
I'm probably a daft noob, but is there something wrong with lending a mic to someone who is starting out as a vocalist?
Besides, if it turns out that thwy learn that they're no good ir would save them buying a mic.
[/quote]

I'm not talking about people starting out, these are singers who claim to have gigged for many years in bands

And in my opinion yes, no one lent me a bass guitar to find out if I was any good, if you want to do a job you buy the tools to do that job

http://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Shure-SM58-Dynamic-Vocal-Microphone-with-Boom-Mic-Stand-and-6m-Cable/C39

Certainly was a lot cheaper that I what I had to invest in when I first started

Edited by scoobystig

Frustrated chasing leads, meeting a couple of times, almost getting a rehearsal sorted, only for someone to say they can't actually make it to the studio. Even more chasing up and it all goes quiet.

Edited by HMX