Why become a member? ×

what was the first number you gigged on a bass ?

essexbasscat

Think we opened with a cover of this - Easyworld, Other Man.

They're from Brighton and our guitarist was a massive fan at the time. Super simple but massively fun. For some reason we could never play this at the right speed, we always used to play it super fast! Nice intro though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyXULH_QOLk

Edited by icastle
Links fixed.

Fleetwood Mac - I need your love so bad

That was on the bass.

However, first song I ever played live was "The Entertainer" on a descant recorder in a Butlins talent Competition when I was 9 and I won! I still have the photo of me on the stage with my winners certificate!! I may dig it out later :P

After that, it was Spanish Classic guitar, then the oboe and then I finally got to the bass :D

Spoonful, Howlin Wolf.

The greatness of it totally went over the heads of our Ruislip youth club audience.

At the end the singer announced the last number just as the main lights went on. The caretaker who was walking down the room shouted, "Don't bother mate, they've all gone home!"

Ah, showbiz.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1406961462' post='2516188']
Fleetwood Mac - I need your love so bad

That was on the bass.

However, first song I ever played live was "The Entertainer" on a descant recorder in a Butlins talent Competition when I was 9 and I won! I still have the photo of me on the stage with my winners certificate!! I may dig it out later :P

After that, it was Spanish Classic guitar, then the oboe and then I finally got to the bass :D
[/quote]

I've found the photo!!

[IMG]http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af313/phillipwjones/butlins_zps8e800858.jpg[/IMG]

I've realised I was 10 and not 9 as I'm wearing earrings and getting my ears pierced was my 10th birthday present :P

I've never actually gigged but I did have lessons and my teacher (quickly) showed me the bones of stand by me and then made me play it straight away whilst he played telecaster.

Deep. end

Nerve racking, magical, transporting.
He told me after: "you're quite a lot better than you think"