Why become a member? ×

Form an ordely queue

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JACO-COLLECTIBLE/151344808530?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D8129792181070252292%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D20131017132637%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D151344808530

Seems legit...! :)

I hope he hasn't cleaned it since Jaco touched it - if so he's literally wiped thousands off the value... hang on, if you squint at the woodgrain on the back of the body you can see Jaco's face! Oh hang on, no you can't... bugger!

If it were really Jaco`s, i would at least have tried to get a photo of him with it. He may as well have said it is the Bass of Doom, as it would be about as believable as the one he is trying to sell.
He says in the blurb that he was taken to meet him by a friend and was given it. Then he changed it all and took the bass to show Jaco what he had done. I can believe the first time he forgot to ask for a photo, but 2 years later, surely you would start to think of it`s worth even before Jaco died. I ain`t havin it that he has not got at least a photo of Jaco playing it.

Edited by timmo

Questions and answers are interesting.

[quote]
Q: Hello, I am Marty Humphman from the Jaco Pastorius Institute of Gifted Bass Players. I have reason to believe that this is indeed fake. Please remove this joke, unless you can provide irrefutable proof it was his. As you other responses to questions have basically said " don't believe me if you don't want to", I have to explain, this is not how the game works or is played. If you wan't to sell this item you must proove, hence making people believe it was Jacos bass. Either way he does not appeared to have played this one, rendering it valueless, even further with modifications. We find it hard to believe the original neck would have been disposed off. 06-Jul-14 A:
Mr. Humphman, No one tells me what to do except my Creator. Have you even met Jaco? You are in the UK. Next I do not worship anyone, including Jaco. To all due respect, he was a friend and colleague. I admire him and his ability, but I am a viable bassist and artist myself. My students are touring Europe and the world with and as major artist. You probably listen to my music. I lecture at universities worldwide. I am degreed from the most respect universities in America. I am American born and bred. I do not have to prove anything to you or anyone. As bad I want to refer to you am educated fool, will refrain. My recording is most sampled bass line in the UK and Europe. You have no respect sir! Do your homework, because you teaching minds you need to know what you are talking about. You do not. I pity a fool.
[/quote]

I see he will entertain trades for high end studio gear, I have an Alesis compressor that Paul McCartney once walked by in a crack convertors window.....I think that suggests a similar pedigree and hence similar values....I would offer him a trade if I didn't still need the compressor and fully intend to pass it on as a legacy to my son :crazy:

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1404716825' post='2494855']
Q: Hello, I am Marty Humphman from the Jaco Pastorius Institute of Gifted Bass Players. I have reason to believe that this is indeed fake. Please remove this joke, unless you can provide irrefutable proof it was his. As you other responses to questions have basically said " don't believe me if you don't want to", I have to explain, this is not how the game works or is played. If you wan't to sell this item you must proove, hence making people believe it was Jacos bass. Either way he does not appeared to have played this one, rendering it valueless, even further with modifications. We find it hard to believe the original neck would have been disposed off.

A: Mr. Humphman, No one tells me what to do except my Creator. Have you even met Jaco? You are in the UK. Next I do not worship anyone, including Jaco. To all due respect, he was a friend and colleague. I admire him and his ability, but I am a viable bassist and artist myself. My students are touring Europe and the world with and as major artist. You probably listen to my music. I lecture at universities worldwide. I am degreed from the most respect universities in America. I am American born and bred. I do not have to prove anything to you or anyone. As bad I want to refer to you am educated fool, will refrain. My recording is most sampled bass line in the UK and Europe. You have no respect sir! Do your homework, because you teaching minds you need to know what you are talking about. You do not. I pity a fool.
[/quote]

I had rather assumed that both these clowns would be American, but neither of them seem capable of writing even the most basic sentence in the English language. Are they two Nigerian scammers trying to wind each other up?