Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1384384472' post='2276180']

give 'em a rest for a day or so, then listen to them in a slightly different state of consciousness (drunk or similar ..). fresh perspective, etc.
[/quote]

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1384387040' post='2276218']

You're going with your heart and that's a good thing. Like phil says, give it a week and listen to other music. Go back to them when you start feeling curious about hearing them again, don't force it, you wouldn't with any other music you listen to. Personally speaking, I can't wait to hear them because I really like your band. If you want an unbiased opinion chuck one over to me and I'll gladly tell you my feelings mate.
[/quote]

Cheers chaps. Yeah, I should have taken more breaks from listening.
Nigel, thanks for the offer to give an objective view. We're at the stage now where we are pretty happy, and besides, we've pretty much used up all of the studio engineer/producer's goodwill! We're going to get it mastered as it stands now, but will definitely be keeping the stems for future mixes/remixes, so constructive criticism of these mastered versions will be welcome!

I'm not sure if these are the versions that the band will officially be sending out into the world, but I don't see any harm in posting on BC
for an informal listen and feedback. Nigel, I'll let you know when the links are up.

Cheers

Chris