Why become a member? ×

Has ANYONE got a current contact number for Jon letts of Lettsbass?

Shockwave

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1398439780' post='2434160']
...so currently not the best time to place an order???
[/quote]
Could be a good time to sell one though............ Incidentally I just happen to have one I could be tempted to sell :)
Cheers
Pete

There was a postal address on his website at Christmas, he built a ramp for one of my basses.

:)

The website shows the number as 01163 486954 and the address as 30, Steyning crescent, Glenfield, Leicester. LE3 8PJ

Edited by ambient

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1398613830' post='2435726']
There was a postal address on his website at Christmas, he built a ramp for one of my basses.

:)

The website shows the number as 01163 486954 and the address as 30, Steyning crescent, Glenfield, Leicester. LE3 8PJ
[/quote] that's the registered address according to companies house too

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1398718913' post='2437009']
Call Brent on 0779466833 between 11 - 4 Mon - Fri.

They are extremely busy apparently.
[/quote]

Number is either wrong or disconnected.

Tried the other number and went to answerphone.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1398776925' post='2437483']
How long have you been waiting?
[/quote]

A year today..... says 20 weeks on my invoice.

I ordered a wal 5 months ago on a 17 month build time... I wouldn't be surprised if it arrives first.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1398777635' post='2437490']
A year today..... says 20 weeks on my invoice.

I ordered a wal 5 months ago on a 17 month build time... I wouldn't be surprised if it arrives first.
[/quote]

Oh dear.

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1398718913' post='2437009']
Call Brent on 0779466833[/quote]
[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1398771568' post='2437382']
Number is either wrong or disconnected.
[/quote]

The number is incorrect - not enough digits. Mobile numbers should go up to 11...

Edited by Conan

It's not good enough really... The end products look great, well made with some nice touches not available on other instruments. Also the price is very competitive for a custom build.

But I won't be ordering again... The whole process is very disjointed, a number of times I've been told things will be progressing only for those dates to pass by without any explanation.

The whole operation looks more like a hobby than a business. The poor comunication is unacceptable, it's a shame as the biggest issue could be so easily recitified by offering realistic buildtimes in the first place.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1398780290' post='2437516']
The number is incorrect - not enough digits. Mobile numbers should go up to 11...
[/quote]
I feel embarrassed for not noticing this. Apologies folks.

Would I be correct in assuming that all of the communication/long delays relate to basses that were offered as part of a low price deal? He seems to be extremely busy in relation to full price instruments (double necks etc).

I myself was teetering on the brink of placing an order a couple of years ago...but in all honesty I wouldn't dream of it now.

I really don't know why he did the whole basschat low price deal thing. The first time it was quite good and got a lot of our attention - with build threads started as people got excited about their forthcoming basses.... which petered out over time... and then another set of low price deals... what's the point in offering that sort of thing unless you can deliver on it?
Like CamdenRob said.... it seems amateur - folk like Wal have long waiting time/lead time.... but are upfront about that. Which is fine as people know where they stand. Personally I don't know why why some people keep waiting and don't just try and recover their money by whatever means...