Why become a member? ×

Roqsolid Cab Cover - My Bad Experience

PauBass

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1396879222' post='2418265']OOPS![/quote] well there you go then; and
[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1396880089' post='2418282']In which case they definitely have the right dimensions for a super twin, the cover on mine downstairs is proof of that![/quote] ditto.

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1396880089' post='2418282']
In which case they definitely have the right dimensions for a super twin, the cover on mine downstairs is proof of that!
[/quote]

I don't think this is a case of having the wrong measurements here, they have been checked with me twice, all the dimensions not just handles, and also with Alex.
In addition there's been the issues with sending the cab out twice with all the manufacturing chalk markings, wrong Placeholder strap position and length too.

I thought all their stuff was cut from computer files...I wonder if you got one that had been sent back and the marks are related to that...I sent one back, it had a placeholder strap as well, and the side handle cutouts were an inch too low.

[quote name='lemmywinks' timestamp='1396895950' post='2418551']
I would just get your money back tbh, this sounds like a lot of messing about for a cab cover.

£75 is also a lot of money for a simple thin cover.
[/quote]

These guys in the past were pretty good value...not sure if the prices have jumped up?

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1396901056' post='2418618']
These guys in the past were pretty good value...not sure if the prices have jumped up?
[/quote]

Yeah I seem to remember them being about £40 for a standard cover. IIRC their options could really bump the price up though, they charge quite a bit for basic things.

Messing it up three times is pretty bad...

I'd ask for a refund or at least a discount of 40%-50% for the fact that they have sent you a unclean product that is still incorrect after you've given them 3 opportunities to make it right and its taken a month.

It's not fair for you to pay for a product that doesn't work and for a service that doesn't exist.

Without swearing at them, give them a serious phone call...

I was a bit concerned when I read this thread, as I had a Super Twin on the way, and had pre-bought a RoqSolid cover.

Well, the cab came today, and the cover fits! The bottom sits nicely clear from the ground, and the Velcro arseflap is well positioned. The handle holes are a tad low, but not to any degree of inconvenience.

BTW, mine came to £70 delivered, but that is the version with the extra padding and the arseflap.

Sorry to the OP, not rubbing it in, just letting people know that they can do it right! Hope you get sorted soon :-)

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1397052650' post='2420156']
Original post and thread title edited, now updated with all the info and my experience.
[/quote]Ah haaaaa. I thought I'd gone mad & missed the name in the title for a mo :lol:

I have to admit that I really don't like Roqsolid covers. The ones I've seen have fitted their designated cabs pretty well but I've always found them a bit 'basic'. Ok as dust covers and maybe to protect from really minor scrapes but not in the same league as the ones some of the major cab builders sell to go with their cabs.

I've always thought it was a 'you pays your money and you takes your choice' kinda thing - my money has always gone elsewhere :(

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1397080214' post='2420554']
I have to admit that I really don't like Roqsolid covers. The ones I've seen have fitted their designated cabs pretty well but I've always found them a bit 'basic'. Ok as dust covers and maybe to protect from really minor scrapes but not in the same league as the ones some of the major cab builders sell to go with their cabs.

I've always thought it was a 'you pays your money and you takes your choice' kinda thing - my money has always gone elsewhere :(
[/quote]

As a long time Aguilar and Bergantino user I have always bought their branded covers and, in my opinion, they are of much better quality, more expensive but worth the extra money.
This time I needed something for my Barefaced cab and I ordered from them, bad luck I've had so time to look somewhere else...Any other good cover manufacturers out there, please?

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1397081132' post='2420567']

As a long time Aguilar and Bergantino user I have always bought their branded covers and, in my opinion, they are of much better quality, more expensive but worth the extra money.
This time I needed something for my Barefaced cab and I ordered from them, bad luck I've had so time to look somewhere else...Any other good cover manufacturers out there, please?
[/quote]

I think both of those two make really nice padded covers. They fit well, offer decent protection and even fold down nicely without getting tatty quickly.

I've often wondered why Barefaced don't offer something similar. I'm sure they'd sell well. Mind you,with all respect to Alex, I think his cabs are very much designed with sound in mind rather than looks so maybe it's an area he's not as concerned about :)

[/quote]

I am the same, they made me one cover which fitted well, but as you say are a bit basic, kept the raln off
the last ones, 1 acoustic 370 amp, 3 PJB covers, came from these chappies
http://www.hotcovers.co.uk/
Despatched within 24 hours, all made as custom jobs, ie not madethese particular cabs/amps before, 3 perfect, one not quite right, [my naff dimensions] turned round modified the same week.
look good and nicely padded.

[/quote]

Gotta say +1 on that, it's not that I don't like them (they are fine for keeping dirt and rain off) just that they seem very basic for the money. I never understood the fascination with them on here, they're like the house brand of cab covers or something!

It's a shame the SIlverstone guy never sorted his business out, they were the nicest covers I've seen.

I agree that Roqsolid covers are very basic - they protect against knocks and scratches, and that's it. But.. IME they do that job well, with good service t'boot.

Sorry to hear the OP has had a problem. Frankly, I'm amazed as their reputation is usually pretty solid.

I hope you get it sorted.

I buy Roqsolid covers for all the amps & cabs I've owned (which has been quite a few - damn you Ms GAS) and have always found them to be a perfect fit.

I'm not looking for something that's going to protect my gear if it falls off a roof, but just to stop the scuffs and dings of loading in/out and guarding again carboot rash, and IMHO Roqsolid do it really well

A very poor showing on Roqsolid's part. I have to agree with some of the above comments that their covers are very, very basic and do little more than keep off the dust and a spot or two of rain. I always use Jenart (http://www.jenart.com/frames.html). Chris at Jenart is a super guy and his prices are really competitive. For example, approx £25 for a Markbass CMD121P combo cover 20mm padding. Jenart have made quite a few covers for me - usually from my measurements, always to the agreed spec and I have never had an issue of any kind. Usually a quick turnaround and the covers have always fitted first time. I can't recommend the enough. No, I'm not on commission :D

[quote name='bumnote' timestamp='1397109614' post='2420660']
I am the same, they made me one cover which fitted well, but as you say are a bit basic, kept the raln off
the last ones, 1 acoustic 370 amp, 3 PJB covers, came from these chappies
[url="http://www.hotcovers.co.uk/"]http://www.hotcovers.co.uk/[/url]
Despatched within 24 hours, all made as custom jobs, ie not madethese particular cabs/amps before, 3 perfect, one not quite right, [my naff dimensions] turned round modified the same week.
look good and nicely padded.
[/quote]

Thanks, I'm already in touch with them, waiting on the final quote but they are going to be definitely cheaper that Roqsolid.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1397119370' post='2420755']
I agree that Roqsolid covers are very basic - they protect against knocks and scratches, and that's it. But.. IME they do that job well, with good service t'boot.

Sorry to hear the OP has had a problem. Frankly, I'm amazed as their reputation is usually pretty solid.

I hope you get it sorted.
[/quote]

Thanks!
All soretd now, I've been refunded my money.
I'm amazed too but that's been my experience with them. I'm not the only one that has had problems lately...something going on there? Maybe.

[quote name='Scooby' timestamp='1397124301' post='2420839']
A very poor showing on Roqsolid's part. I have to agree with some of the above comments that their covers are very, very basic and do little more than keep off the dust and a spot or two of rain. I always use Jenart ([url="http://www.jenart.com/frames.html"]http://www.jenart.com/frames.html[/url]). Chris at Jenart is a super guy and his prices are really competitive. For example, approx £25 for a Markbass CMD121P combo cover 20mm padding. Jenart have made quite a few covers for me - usually from my measurements, always to the agreed spec and I have never had an issue of any kind. Usually a quick turnaround and the covers have always fitted first time. I can't recommend the enough. No, I'm not on commission :D
[/quote]

Cheers!
I've just sent them an email.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought, I wonder if it was, for some reason, a non-standard cab? Did you ever send the dims of your cab and handle positions to Roqsolid?

I have their covers on my Midget and Compact and they fit with uncanny accuracy (and have been indestructible).

I wonder if your cab is slightly different to the standard dims they have for it?

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1398264434' post='2432209']
Just a thought, I wonder if it was, for some reason, a non-standard cab? Did you ever send the dims of your cab and handle positions to Roqsolid?

I have their covers on my Midget and Compact and they fit with uncanny accuracy (and have been indestructible).

I wonder if your cab is slightly different to the standard dims they have for it?
[/quote]

I had a cover from them for the exact same cab, and it's fine! Very odd

My Super Twin is #001, I am told they used the dimensions supplied by the owner of #002 to make my cover, but the handles were in the wrong place. They told me that they had updated the cutting files from the dimensions I supplied to get mine corrected.

All very strange, but my cover has been fine since I got it and they were very quick to correct the mistake.

I'm also very surprised with what's happened here!
I have explained in detail all the issues each of the three different covers had on my original post. Pics speak for themselves.

I ordered the standard cover from their site and it didn't fit.
I took measurements three times to make sure they had the right ones and none of the next two covers were still right, in fact handle holes were in the same position pretty much on all three. Also other issues that had been fixed from the first to the second cover, were again made wrong on the third cover.

I understand many of you have had no problems with your covers and are very happy with them but my story has been quite different and I'm very annoyed...my cover is being made somewhere else now and I'm even saving a good chunk of money :)

Edited by PauBass