Why become a member? ×

My last gig with KIT RICHARDSON - supporting Francesca Belmonte (Tricky) @ The Barfly - London NW1 - Thurs 20 March 2014

xilddx

[url="http://mamacolive.com/thebarfly/listings/upcoming-events/10111/francesca-belmonte-special-guests/"]http://mamacolive.co...special-guests/[/url]

Francesca Belmonte + Tom Bem + Kit Richardson

Thursday 20th March 2014, 7:00 pm | 11:00 pm curfew
Tickets: £5

[color=#000000][/color]

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1394223755' post='2389396']
[url="http://mamacolive.com/thebarfly/listings/upcoming-events/10111/francesca-belmonte-special-guests/"]http://mamacolive.co...special-guests/[/url]

Francesca Belmonte

[color=#000000][/color]
[/quote]

Is it her old fella that sells the tinned pears then? Cos she's a peach

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1394226158' post='2389424']
Is it her old fella that sells the tinned pears then? Cos she's a peach
[/quote]

And I might be sharing a dressing room with her ;) Kit's really excited about this gig, like me, she's a Tricky fan.

It just doesn't seem fair that such quality music isn't sustainable when there is so much tripe out there making money :-(

Again, sorry to hear this, and hopefully Kit's next venture will have more commercial success, and that you get onto another great project ASAP.

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1395250429' post='2400251']
It just doesn't seem fair that such quality music isn't sustainable when there is so much tripe out there making money :-(

Again, sorry to hear this, and hopefully Kit's next venture will have more commercial success, and that you get onto another great project ASAP.
[/quote]

Yeah I know mate. Thanks. I'm going to have to think if I want to be in a new band. I've been very spoiled.

Really sorry to hear that Nige, though I only got to see you guys once I thought you were great, and was hoping to catch some more once the weather got nicer and the evenings got longer. Agree with RRs comments too.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1395254295' post='2400327']
Really sorry to hear that Nige, though I only got to see you guys once I thought you were great, and was hoping to catch some more once the weather got nicer and the evenings got longer. Agree with RRs comments too.
[/quote]
Thanks Loz. x

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1395257600' post='2400384']
Sorry to hear this nige. Seen some good stuff on you pube. It's tough out there tho '. Good luck in your next venture , whenever that is.
[/quote]

Cheers Ray. She will be a very hard band to follow as she's such a rare talent. I thought she'd have got some attention by now but hey, it really is tough out there mate.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1395248700' post='2400218']
My last gig with Kit tomorrow night.

The band's been dissolved due to lack of any real commercial progress or interest, it's expensive, and Kit's going to reinvent herself and probably do some solo electro.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that - I thought the stuff I'd heard really had something about it and I'd have thought that it was different enough to catch the ear of someone with a bit of influence. Just goes to show that talent simply isn't enough for a successful music career.

I think I've mentioned before that our singer's lad got signed to Columbia during his first year of a music performance course at Bristol Uni and they've been pushing him everywhere. Now, he's a really nice guy and can write a catchy tune but enough 'star quality' to attract a major label? I wouldn't have said so - just goes to show what I know.
http://www.thenationalstudent.com/Music/2014-02-26/George_Ezra_Cassy_O.html
The music business works in mysterious ways.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1395258215' post='2400404']
Sorry to hear that - I thought the stuff I'd heard really had something about it and I'd have thought that it was different enough to catch the ear of someone with a bit of influence. Just goes to show that talent simply isn't enough for a successful music career.

I think I've mentioned before that our singer's lad got signed to Columbia during his first year of a music performance course at Bristol Uni and they've been pushing him everywhere. Now, he's a really nice guy and can write a catchy tune but enough 'star quality' to attract a major label? I wouldn't have said so - just goes to show what I know.
[url="http://www.thenationalstudent.com/Music/2014-02-26/George_Ezra_Cassy_O.html"]http://www.thenation...ra_Cassy_O.html[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks Fly, I'll have a listen later. The music industry is only interested in money. But then plenty of musicians are too.

Cheers mate.

Gutted! :( I know you won't be short of opportunities for other projects Nige, but I was a big fan of your work with Kit and it's a crying shame that it's become unviable.

I totally understand why. The effort of trying to make a real go of any music project takes committment, but there's no escaping that it also requires money. And typically, it's always the latter of the two that can't be sustained.

Still, you all shone very bright together, made some crackingly good music and I'm sure it was a heap of fun too. So plenty gained along the way.

I'm just sad that I won't get to see you all play live!

Have a great final gig mate x :drinks:

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1395258795' post='2400422']

The music industry is only interested in money. But then plenty of musicians are too.

[/quote]
IME if a musician is only interested in money then they should have trained to be an accountant or a lawyer! A lot of musicians are overly interested in glory but at the first sniff of a bit of money become completely infatuated with it!

Onwards and upwards...

Sometimes no matter how hard you try & how great a thing is, it's just not to be.
She's got an awesome voice & I'm sure she'll find her niche eventually (hopefully sooner, than later).
Why don't you. & one or two of the band start something new? The advantage you have over me is where you live. You've got access to countless musicians & I'm managing to get a band from a town with little in the way of musicians, so I'm sure you can get a band that you enjoy.

Hope you had an awesome gig. :D

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1395258215' post='2400404']

[url="http://www.thenationalstudent.com/Music/2014-02-26/George_Ezra_Cassy_O.html"]http://www.thenation...ra_Cassy_O.html[/url]
[/quote]
a friend has connections to a fair few voice/xfactor hopefuls/contestants/applicants - the one thing the 'successful' ones seem to have in common is that they seem to be scouted from music production courses (call me cynical) - unless the scouts stumble across someone 'from the street' with exceptional raw talent then frankly the whole production is all just for pulp entertainment and the final product has been carefully chosen and directed and stage managed from the very outset to ensure maximum return for the capital venturists who provide tha initial financial stimulus <_<

funny game innit Nige - good luck though with your next project and whatever musical serendipity cares to bring your way :)

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1395248700' post='2400218']
My last gig with Kit tomorrow night.

The band's been dissolved due to lack of any real commercial progress or interest, it's expensive, and Kit's going to reinvent herself and [b]probably do some solo electro[/b].
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that Nige. It is tough out there.

On a side note re: the reinventing as electropop - It's quite astounding how many singers are re-inventing themselves as solo electro/dance acts. I don't really get it myself, both the genre and that there would be demand for that sort of thing... though I guess Daft Punk and the general popularity of dance helps!... but it is certainly sad to see people having to opt for something lesser than their ideal just to get out there doing stuff.

Best of luck to you and Kit to find something new to pursue!