Why become a member? ×

My last gig with KIT RICHARDSON - supporting Francesca Belmonte (Tricky) @ The Barfly - London NW1 - Thurs 20 March 2014

xilddx

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1395500358' post='2403106']
One door shuts and, well you know the rest. Good luck with the new venture. I will be keeping a lookout on Kit's facebook page to get the next chapter in her musical endeavors.
[/quote]

Thank you mate :)

Yep, I will continue to promote Kit on here, probably until people are sick of it :D

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1395508310' post='2403232']
The audition sounds great Nige. I love your whole attitude over this. You'll breeze it I'm sure!
[/quote]

Breeze it?! You should hear it Debs, it's weird stuff, very tricky arrangements, timing and harmony, some technically difficult bass passages too [url="http://viktorhorvath.bandcamp.com"]http://viktorhorvath.bandcamp.com[/url]

I have little hope but if he's as open minded as I think he is, and very patient, I might be in with a shot, who knows. I think I need to be a good sight-reader and have my theory down for this one though, I'm not at all sure I'm a capable enough musician for this role. It's more urb's territory, the land of the monster musician.

Edited by xilddx

Just play random notes and bluff it as improvisation Nige :lol: .

But seriously, this guy wants to see you based on music he`s heard you play, so he must think that your style will suit what he`s doing. So maybe sight-reading and theory are less important here than what he can hear you play already.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1395509202' post='2403246']
I have little hope ...
[/quote]

:) Nil desperandum! I [i]won't[/i] be auditioning so there's one hurdle overcome straight away. I listened to his stuff (22 secs of track 1) and decided it's a bit too ploddy and predictable for me.

(Buffs fingernails on lapel, wanders off singing 'I Walk The Line').

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1395495841' post='2403045']
Blimey, I have an audition! For an experimental jazz project - the music is beautiful! But we'll see if I am capable of keeping up with this guy, he's a sh*t-hot composer and guitarist and I'm not a reader. I told him all this and he still wants me to try out after hearing some of my music. Totally new territory for me, I'm going to have to put some serious f***ing work in over the next week or so. But I'm very excited :)
[/quote]

That's brilliant news! It might seem daunting but you know what everyone here says about playing with people who can stretch our abilities - and music is supposed to be exciting isn't it? All the best with it.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1395312242' post='2400918']
Went to see George Ezra in Hebden Bridge the other week, I'd have said he definitely had what it takes: he has the looks, presence and charisma, his voice stands him out from his direct competition, and he's got some good tunes. I had a great evening.
[/quote]

Thanks for that - I'll pass it on (was rehearsing with his dad earlier today). He'll be releasing a full album soon and apparently has 21 songs already recorded that they are trying to compile an album from. This'll be a big year for him as his contract is for one album with an option for three more (not [u]his [/u]option of course).

[quote name='Stickman' timestamp='1395511142' post='2403268']
No moss on you mate, is there? ;)

Just followed the link and his name is familiar - does he/did he have a fusion trio?
[/quote]

No moss, just lots of mold. Don't know about his history, I now nothing about him at all.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1395558503' post='2403579']
Had a listen and I see what you mean Nige.

Can't say I like the music myself, but it would certainly challenge you with something completely different ;)
[/quote]

There's some real beauty on that album, check this out one out http://viktorhorvath.bandcamp.com/track/balkan

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1395600878' post='2404207']
:) Nil desperandum! I [i]won't[/i] be auditioning so there's one hurdle overcome straight away. I listened to his stuff (22 secs of track 1) and decided it's a bit too ploddy and predictable for me.

(Buffs fingernails on lapel, wanders off singing 'I Walk The Line').
[/quote]

:lol:
[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1395603362' post='2404256']
That's brilliant news! It might seem daunting but you know what everyone here says about playing with people who can stretch our abilities - and music is supposed to be exciting isn't it? All the best with it.
[/quote]

It really is f***ing daunting mate. I have no idea if I'm capable but there's something inside me saying I can augment his music and help him really shine, it's just a matter of whether Vic feels the same way. Gonna take the new fretless too, just to see how tiny my bollocks can shrivel :)

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1396046136' post='2409525']
That's the spirit! Presumably Vic has a similar feeling inside that drove him to invite you in the first place, so you may be pushing against an open door. Let's hope so! It's great that you're going for it and I really hope it works out well.
[/quote]

Thank you, Fly :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1396088395' post='2409772']
I have been reading this thread and wasnt really sure what to say :o so all I can do is wish you and everyone else involved in this the very best of luck for the future and hope you all find a little happiness and keep playing the music you love :)
[/quote]

Thanks man :)

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1396046136' post='2409525']
That's the spirit! Presumably Vic has a similar feeling inside that drove him to invite you in the first place, so you may be pushing against an open door. Let's hope so! It's great that you're going for it and I really hope it works out well.
[/quote]

I pulled out Fly, had a good play along with his music and I know my limits and I'm simply not good enough to play with this guy, I'd frustrate myself and him. Shame, but never mind :)

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1396276707' post='2411698']
I pulled out Fly, had a good play along with his music and I know my limits and I'm simply not good enough to play with this guy, I'd frustrate myself and him. Shame, but never mind :)
[/quote]
It's all good as far as I can see - he recognised something great in your playing, you were realistic about where your playing is at the moment. All the best for a brilliant new project, whatever it may be.