Why become a member? ×

Retailer issues - really hacked off now!!

mrtcat

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1393484741' post='2380752']
Did I at any point level my complaint at hartke or Korg? No. I came here for advice not to name and shame anyone. If it makes you happy it was [b]Dawson's[/b] and there was nothing to stop you messaging me for details. To question my attitude is pretty annoying as I've simply been after people's advice or experiences to help me resolve my problem.
[/quote]

Let's stop beating around the bush.....

Edited by yorks5stringer

I used the Hartke website taken from an advert in Bass magazine looking for a contact. The fact I could only find the US contact I hardly think is relevant. They are the parent company and should therefore redress any contact for advice whether that be replying to me to say contact the UK customer service or to pass the query on themselves. Please remember that at that point I was only looking for some kind of advice from Hartke to see if there was an easy fix.
I stated the facts. If Hartke or BC Moderators for that matter don't like it then that is too bad. I believe I have the right to state what I believe to be true or do we simply keep quiet about issues and no-one gains from the situation.
I certainly hope we are not turning BC into a suppressive forum. It should be open to all comments provided they are not derogatory or abusive.

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1393532619' post='2381648']
I stated the facts. If Hartke or BC Moderators for that matter don't like it then that is too bad. I believe I have the right to state what I believe to be true or do we simply keep quiet about issues and no-one gains from the situation.
I certainly hope we are not turning BC into a suppressive forum. It should be open to all comments provided they are not derogatory or abusive.
[/quote]

No problem here buddy, I think it's just the thread in general has got a little prickly so not to worry. You're absolutely right in that the bad feedback should go with the good to give a true representation of a company or its products and people can make up their own minds. That's the beauty of forums that we can share this kind of information.

Thanks Chrismuzz I was beginning to get paranoid.
I did clearly state in earlier comments that Hartke had a good reputation hence my reason for buying in first place. Made it clear that they generally get good reviews.
Obviously a sore point with Hartke users on the forum but that's life. Some good, some bad.

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1393532619' post='2381648']
If ... BC Moderators for that matter don't like it then that is too bad. I believe I have the right to state what I believe to be true or do we simply keep quiet about issues and no-one gains from the situation.
[/quote]

I am not aware of any reports or complaints made to or by BC Moderators thus, you've not been silenced or moderated, thus I conclude that the forum post content isn't being surpressed. You're quite safe :) As you say, as long as guidelines and T&C's aren't being abused, it's fine. But that's another thread that has been beaten to death elsewhere :) :)

I hope my little comment didn't give that impression, and my apologies if it did! Open discussion (without getting personal) very much welcome and I for one am very keen to hear what Dawsons' have to say for themselves!

Gee whiz, there's a lot of kids on here!

I read that the OP obviously wasn't here to name and shame yet only after advice, yet he was bullied into naming the retailer.

Carry on, and spite me if you may, yet are disrespectful comments helping the OP? The answer is "no!"

Spiteful comments help no one!

Edited by Scott_LP

Think an update is a bit overdue!

After (I'm assuming) some intervention from Gareth the shop have been in touch several times. They have sent me some vouchers, a really nice fender custom shop tweed cable and some strings (the d'addarios that I like) by way of an apology and I completely accept this. They have been very apologetic and have also arranged for my amp (which has now been repaired) to be sent directly to me at the start of this coming week.
I am absolutely fine with this and am grateful to all who were involved in rectifying the situation. I must stress that the guys at Korg / hartke were all brilliant at all stages of my communication with them and I would have absolutely no hesitation buying hartke again. The Kilo is a brilliant sounding amp and I'm excited to get it back.
I had no idea that my original post would start such a prickly thread and had I thought it would I'd have kept the issue to myself which I don't think this right for such a great forum. I didn't make a major song and dance about the shop's name and if people missed it then I'm not really surprised.
Thanks to all for your constructive advice and to those who got involved.