Why become a member? ×

Retailer issues - really hacked off now!!

mrtcat

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1393672259' post='2383112']
Fantastic news! Despite the initial issues it sounds like Dawsons have taken customer service very seriously which is really important these days :)
[/quote]

+1, which is often the case when these threads appear. N&S, whilst it might be a little uncomfortable, but it doesn't do any harm for bass retailers around the UK to know they're being watched! It also gives folks both the opportunity to redress any problem publicly and to gain some credibility in doing so. Everyone cocks up occasionally, it's how it's dealt with that's important, and it looks like Dawsons dealt with it well in the long run.

Thanks for the update and glad that all was resolved.

I think it's very helpful to know about the customer service which is encountered and actually started a thread about shops which give good service when things go wrong (Andertons in my case). It sounds like Dawson's have recognised their shortcomings on this occasion and put things right and so fair play to them for that.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1393677043' post='2383214']
+1, which is often the case when these threads appear. N&S, whilst it might be a little uncomfortable, but it doesn't do any harm for bass retailers around the UK to know they're being watched! It also gives folks both the opportunity to redress any problem publicly and to gain some credibility in doing so. Everyone cocks up occasionally, it's how it's dealt with that's important, and it looks like Dawsons dealt with it well in the long run.
[/quote]

+1 The power of the internet and Basschat has brought us to a happy ending. Similar to the Mark Bass thread where we got the CEO joining in. Is this what that nice Mr Cameron calls "The Big Society"?

Just to let you know amp is now home and seems at full health again. It arrived on weds (not sure when but when I got home from work it was sitting on my doorstep where courier had left it - thankfully it didn't rain weds and nobody nicked it) and I used it at rehearsal last night. Sounds bloody lovely!
Thanks to all involved and let's hope (fingers crossed) it goes on to be a faithful workhorse for me.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1394235323' post='2389515']
Just to let you know amp is now home and seems at full health again. It arrived on weds (not sure when but when I got home from work it was sitting on my doorstep where courier had left it - thankfully it didn't rain weds and nobody nicked it) and I used it at rehearsal last night. Sounds bloody lovely!
Thanks to all involved and let's hope (fingers crossed) it goes on to be a faithful workhorse for me.
[/quote]

Best of luck with the amp. Super outcome and delighted that the retailer got involved. However the courier could have ruined your day.