Why become a member? ×

GuitarGuitar

BigBassBob

Hi guys. I recently made an order for a few bits and bobs from GuitarGuitar. I've bought things from them in the past and they delivered.

Well this time one of my items was wrong; I'd ordered a 5ft Planet Waves lead for home practice. Instead of that I received a pack of three 6-inch Planet Waves patch leads.

So I called them up that day and explained the situation. They were more than happy to send the cable to me by next-day courier and told me they'd call me back regarding the patch leads. Five minutes later I received a phone call. They said that I was welcome to keep the patch leads as the mistake shouldn't have happened in the first place :)

They were very friendly, apologetic and more than willing to ensure that they could provide the best service possible to the point that I decided to make this thread.

Their attitude was better than some unnamed British music shops and I'll be continuing to purchase from them in the future :)

That's all, folks!

• Like 3

I walked into Guitar Guitar intent on buying a £150 Affinity Strat. And walked out with a, sonic blue, £650 Classic player.

They're evil........they knew I was weak.......they should have talked me out of it

I can't even play guitar. :blink:

Edited by gjones

Almost the same experience 2 years ago. Ordered a Squier VM jazz 5 with a wall hanger. Only received the Squier. I did let them know. 5 minutes later they phoned me saying the wall hanger will be with me by the next day. Which did turned up as they said. Top service. They are always my first "to go" store if I'm looking for something.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1392165679' post='2365647']
I walked into Guitar Guitar intent on buying a £150 Affinity Strat. And walked out with a, sonic blue, £650 Classic player.

They're evil........they knew I was weak.......they should have talked me out of it

I can't even play guitar. :blink:
[/quote]

Haha!

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1392198513' post='2365757']

Totally agree with this having used them several times.

Their only Achilles heel.......... they really do not do good trade in deals - at all!
[/quote]
Agree about the trade in deals. I swapped a Breedlove steel string for a lovely Finlayson classical. But I'd have had to sell the Breedlove on here or eBay, so I suppose it's less hassle for less money.

Good story.....

I've been to my 'local' Gtrgtr store and whilst they have a LOT of kit and are happy for you to try it.....
I didn't think the quality of set-ups was at all good.
Mind you, setting up 50 basses or so...would be a PITA...so maybe a bit harsh from me.... but it doesn't make me want to go back there too often..

just sayin'....

Oh well, I'll take my own then.........

All my dealings with them have been nothing short of perfect.

However, I did feel a little self-conscious when I went into the Newcastle branch recently to try the Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 and there was ZERO background music and as soon as I started playing, I was VERY aware that the staff and customers who were about were all listening in.

Slightly awkward but a minor niggle IMO and only my view. Others might like that kind of atmosphere!

Edited by skej21

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1392242604' post='2366477']
All my dealings with them have been nothing short of perfect.

However, I did feel a little self-conscious when I went into the Newcastle branch recently to try the Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 and there was ZERO background music and as soon as I started playing, I was VERY aware that the staff and customers who were about were all listening in.

Slightly awkward but a minor niggle IMO and only my view. Others might like that kind of atmosphere!
[/quote]

That can definitely be a positive or a negative. I dunno if that's better than trying to hear yourself over teenagers playing sloppy metal riffs through cranked amps....

I've been stung by them twice in recent years...

...twice I've been in with no intention of buying anything and twice I've been 'tricked' into signing up for 12 months interest free for a Lakland Skyline 55-02 Deluxe and a Sadowsky MV4.

They're a nasty bunch, so they are!! :lol:

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1392317357' post='2367330']
I've been stung by them twice in recent years...

...twice I've been in with no intention of buying anything and twice I've been 'tricked' into signing up for 12 months interest free for a Lakland Skyline 55-02 Deluxe and a Sadowsky MV4.

They're a nasty bunch, so they are!! :lol:
[/quote]I agree. When I bought my Ibanez SR1605 from them and it has finish issues they had the audacity to contact the distributor to help with the resolution, send me pictures of another one they had for my approval and then swap the basses over with extra discount in addition to that which they had already given. They also specially ordered a PB300 for me and matched a price I seen elsewhere on the internet. This kind of service is obviously aimed at making customers happy, keeping them and making them spend more money in the future. What kind of way is that to run a business? :D :D :D

just to add to the love (it is valentines day aftyer all) edinburgh GG brought in a selection of Mesa Boogie powerhouse cabs for me to mix and match . gave me the use of their listening room for over an hour and only disturbed me to bring a cup of coffee. The experience did cost me an awful lot though - I left with a 210 and a 212 :D

• 9 years later...

Just bought a £100 hard case from Guitarguitar. Ordo brand. The channel for the neck is too thin for a standard neck. The case was shoved in a generic cheap af cardboard box with next to no padding to stop it being bumped about. Too many retailers out there to bother with ones who don't care. Next!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Munurmunuh said:

Just bought a £100 hard case from Guitarguitar. Ordo brand. The channel for the neck is too thin for a standard neck. The case was shoved in a generic cheap af cardboard box with next to no padding to stop it being bumped about. Too many retailers out there to bother with ones who don't care. Next!

I don't see how the first point is Guitarguitar's fault, tbh.

For balance, I like Guitarguitar.  They let me put a deposit down for and pay up a bass they hadn't even listed on their site yet, and it arrived in perfect condition, just in time for my birthday.  I would deal with them again.

Just now, Munurmunuh said:

Just wanting to add my one bit of feedback to the existing accumulated experiences, not much point having more than one thread, is there? I'm sure starting a fresh thread just for my post would be more worthy of ridicule.

Hey, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  If I hadn't highlighted the zombie thread resurrection, someone else was bound to - it's the rules ;)

• Haha 1