Why become a member? ×

Wal Pro 2 Classic 70s vintage Bass With original case..SOLD.
£1600

Nice Neck

[size=6]SOLD[/size]
Thanks for all your interest .

Hi Chatters
I am selling my
Wal Pro 2 Classic 70s vintage Bass With case ,I am the original owner.
[attachment=153943:IMG_4289.JPG]

Made 78/79 At the Sandown works High Wycombe.
The thumb rest was added by Carl Holt at the factory in the late 80s.
[attachment=153944:IMG_4290.JPG]

Serial number JG1149 (Johnny Gus)
[attachment=153949:IMG_4294.jpg]

The neck is of 10 piece laminate construction with Hornbeam in centre and then two strips of Mukalunga and Maple alternating towards the edge of the neck.
The neck also includes three reinforcing carbon fibre strips ,one under the fretboard and two in the main body of the neck. The truss rod is adjusted by Allen key
[attachment=153945:IMG_4291.JPG]
[attachment=153947:IMG_4293.jpg]

The body is Ash the finish was experimental and one of only two made using this technique.
[attachment=153946:IMG_4292.jpg]
The electronics are all original(This is a passive bass as I liked the sound ) including a jack and DI XLR output with Earth switch and loop send return to fx switch.
This design was originally for John G Perry and standard on the 1st few Wall basses.
[attachment=153948:IMG_4303.jpg]

The bass comes with the original case but needs some work on the rear hinge.(pop rivets)

If you are interested I Will get Paul Herman to check the Wal over before you buy.
Condition of bass is good considering its age .

Can post anywhere once agreed funds have cleared .

Kind Regards to you all.

(Will be checking email at 3 day intervals whilst on tour)

Edited by Nice Neck

That serial number is just 2 along from one that Gary Tibbs played in Roxy Music. I think the 'JG' prefix dates back to when Jon Gustafson was working with Wal in developing the pro series basses. There's a photo of a scruffy bit of paper detailing where some of the serial numbers went to, some famous names in there...

[url="http://walbasshistory.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-beginnings.html"]http://walbasshistory.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-beginnings.html[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

oh right.Well done!
was this done thru bc?
the only reason i ask us that i had a few messages back and forth with the seller pretty much as soon as the instrument came up, and all was going well, then all went quiet after I said i would transfer the money over!

Edited by roonjuice

[quote name='tubbybloke68' timestamp='1393754028' post='2383928']
Me:-)
[/quote]

I have an identical bass, same age. :)

Any chance of a photograph showing the wiring for the pickup selector switch?, mine has been messed with in the past and doesn't do anything now, I've tried to contact Wal/Paul Herman for info, with no success.