Why become a member? ×

After 8 years of searching....... (Yamaha 2024MX content)

Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1393455975' post='2380664']
Yep, to a degree it is
[/quote]

In that case, buy both, and don't feel guilty about it - as long as it doesn't threaten the roof over your head, the heat, light and food. Ach, even if it means beans on toast for a while, don't worry about it ;)

This thread is brilliant! Abridged version:

"After years of searching I've found my perfect bass!"

"Ah that's brilliant mate. Life is but a quest through which we endeavor to find our true meaning... a perfect bass is an extension of our inner Zen, we're all so happy that you've found The One and can set about forging the hallowed matrimony of the Ying and the Yang".

"Err, yeah, about that perfect bass. It doesn't quite look right".

"Don't be such a numpty"

"Alright, I'll keep it then"

:D

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1393487883' post='2380774']
This thread is brilliant! Abridged version:

"After years of searching I've found my perfect bass!"

"Ah that's brilliant mate. Life is but a quest through which we endeavor to find our true meaning... a perfect bass is an extension of our inner Zen, we're all so happy that you've found The One and can set about forging the hallowed matrimony of the Ying and the Yang".

"Err, yeah, about that perfect bass. It doesn't quite look right".

"Don't be such a numpty"

"Alright, I'll keep it then"

:D
[/quote]

Brilliant summary there :P

Some people may say my Ibanez basses may not fit with a Pink Floyd tribute band, I say "pffff" to these people. I love playing it, I love how it looks on me and I can get it to sound right. If people don't like it, that's their problem not mine.

Our guitarist bought a Fender Stratocaster in black with a black scratch plate to mirror Dave Gilmour.... And whilst he's a great guitarist it hasn't made him sound like the man himself :P

Ha ha, spot on guys, you know how is

Boy meets bass
Boy falls in love with bass
Boy and bass live happily together
Boy goes to bar, has a beer or two
In walks new bass, catches boy's eye
Boy flirts, bass flirts....
But nothing happens
Boy wakes up with a bit of a hangover feeling slightly guilty and stupid
Boy tells his bass how much he loves it and all is forgotten
Boy and bass live happily ever after....

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1393493605' post='2380860']
Couldn't someone just hand Chris his own bass back to him, tell him it's a C64 and he will just hear the ric in his head anyway. The 'bassebo effect' ;)
[/quote]
[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1393494952' post='2380884']
I'm still struggling to imagine which kind of tribute band would demand a C64 bass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kDhpFaf4EY
[/quote]

Bravo to both of you there.

Very differently clever but both very clever!

I'm just back from pmt in brum and they had a sunburst 2025 out, gorgeous bass and they only want a grand for it. I wanted to play it so bad but that would've meant putting the two year old mini me down and I couldn't afford the breakage's. I think looks wise the Bb's are a timeless classic, like a jazz or precision. I switch between a Bb and a Stingray and to be honest that's what I play and if the others don't like it they can find a new bassman.

Basses, just like women eh? After years of searching, you meet one that ticks all of the boxes, and for a while you're on cloud nine, happy as a large pink farm animal in a pile of pooh. But then, your ex starts sniffing around again, and you realise that, despite the fact she's not as good looking, not in quite such good shape, and probably doesn't get the same reaction from the your mates down the pub, something draws you back.

In short, this is an outstanding bass but despite this I haven't fallen in love. Meanwhile my old 4001 has reappeared and in doing so has rekindled powerful emotions. I've spent the afternoon A-Bing them, and there's no doubt that the Yammie is by far the better instrument, but that I feel happier playing the Ric. If I were a pro session player I'd keep the Yammie, but I'm not, so I'm going for the Ric.

Anyone interested, let me know before I eBay it

Cheers

Chris

I know just how you feel.

I've lost count of how many basses I've bought and sold since joining this forum, but I always go back to my old favourite.
On paper it's an awful bass - ugly, heavy and butchered beyond recognition.
I have bought much 'better' basses and loved them for a while, only to sell them on when I pick up the old beast again.
Nobody else likes it and I don't know what it is that makes me love it, but it feels and sounds just right for me, which is what really counts.

That's not to say I won't keep looking........

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1394396067' post='2391010']
I know just how you feel.

I've lost count of how many basses I've bought and sold since joining this forum, but I always go back to my old favourite.
On paper it's an awful bass - ugly, heavy and butchered beyond recognition.
I have bought much 'better' basses and loved them for a while, only to sell them on when I pick up the old beast again.
Nobody else likes it and I don't know what it is that makes me love it, but it feels and sounds just right for me, which is what really counts.

That's not to say I won't keep looking........
[/quote]

Spot on mate, funny old world isn't it!