Why become a member? ×

Your Favourite Basschat Members' Bands

xilddx

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1391623504' post='2359399']
Those amongst us are wolves.

I'm ashamed to say I can't recall the bassist/basschatter's name but I loves me a bit of post rock and this band are up there with the best of them.....
[/quote]

It's Jigster

I went to see them when they played Nottingham, but got held up and arrived as they were packing up :-(

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1391623504' post='2359399']
Those amongst us are wolves.

I'm ashamed to say I can't recall the bassist/basschatter's name but I loves me a bit of post rock and this band are up there with the best of them.....

Currently listening to InFictions and enjoying it very much!
[/quote]

Hi Rev, thanks for the mention - Those Amongst Us Are Wolves are playing in Bristol on 13th March at the Stag and Hounds if you are around :)

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1391674908' post='2359908']

Hi Rev, thanks for the mention - Those Amongst Us Are Wolves are playing in Bristol on 13th March at the Stag and Hounds if you are around :)
[/quote]

Excellent. I'll see you down the front!

[quote name='paulbuzz' timestamp='1390153168' post='2342012']
I'm extremely fond of Dave Vader's band [url="https://www.facebook.com/Carnivala/app_178091127385"]Carnivala[/url].

Also loving the Jetsonics video posted above!
[/quote]

Just seen this post, thanks Paul.
I see you are also in Devon, i assume I must know you in real life then, and you have probably seen us live.
particularly since I don't post here much anymore, and am rubbish at pimping the band.

Would love to remember all the stuff I've heard from on here that I liked, but can't remember who's it was, or the names of the bands. Oh, I liked Hair of the Dog a lot, is Discreet still in them? :)

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1391700132' post='2360360']
. Oh, I liked Hair of the Dog a lot, is Discreet still in them? :)
[/quote]

I think it's 'Hour of the Dog'
If I remember correctly, they've done a Sugababes and replaced most of the personnel yet kept the name. Discreet is Keisha in this scenario. Hope that clears it up for you :-D

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1390738685' post='2348773']
Have you heard GarethFlatland's band InFictions?
[/quote]

If I recall correctly he was also in 65daysoftstaic when they made one of my top 10 albums of all time, The Fall of Math:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kckkzdnGeWk[/media]

Edited by bobbass4k

Some great stuff here & loads of talent! I have finally done a trawl listen to the lot posted on this thread. Been saying I would for ages, sat down & did it over 2 nights. Particularly liked In Tyler we Trust, Castrovalva & HMS Adriatica. Kit Richardson, Case Hardin & ATQR's are not really my cup o'char but all excellent none the less, top quality stuff. Enjoyed Jen & the Gents too, nice breezey pop. Will be keeping more of an eye on the share yer music thread in the recording bit. Thanks for the nudge xilddx!
Cheers,
Norm.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1390146805' post='2341914']
As well as those already mentioned and pimped in this thread - Kit Richardson, ATQR, Rattling Bone, Jetsonics;

Let me mention jackduran's band Super 8 Cynics and their fantastic 80s flavoured pop. Here's their video for Doing What I've Always Done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ANUFGGeTQ
[/quote]

Love this one, great vid too!

[quote name='W11ATO' timestamp='1392278121' post='2366651'] Wateroftyne surely deserves a mention.....he's in Lindisfarne......they're famous !!! [/quote]
Closer to a Lindisfarne tribute show really but I'm sure it's a great gig to play none the less. He's also backed Mark Knopfler on the odd occasion and was in the band fronted by Lonnie Donnegan's son so all power to the tynester's elbow.