Why become a member? ×

Ask for the input on my bass to be fixed ...

alexisonfire

It's comes back with two new screws ...

To quote the guy at the shop: 'I've enhanced your input jack'

He also tried telling me a loose strap pin was also to blame for the input not working. WHY must I be the typical Brit! I just smiled and left without saying a word.

Seething!

[URL=http://s149.photobucket.com/user/martin_halse/media/Ampeg%20SVT%20CL%20and%20SVT%20410HLF/A1AA598C-60E7-4882-8A3D-EB4E91A4971D_zpslajfp8aj.jpg.html][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s61/martin_halse/Ampeg%20SVT%20CL%20and%20SVT%20410HLF/A1AA598C-60E7-4882-8A3D-EB4E91A4971D_zpslajfp8aj.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by alexisonfire

Assuming the PG wasn't broken before you took it in. Take it back and tell him you hated it on first sight, but took a cooling-off period and on reconsideration you still hate it. So, please put it right.

In any case it's not right him drilling a hole without asking.

The pick guard was broken as shown but the bit of plastic that had broken off sat nicely under the screw when aligned properly upon screwing the pick guard on.

I asked him to restring it too (out of laziness/ two birds one stone) and he's managed to stuff that up too as he's just wrapped them around the tuner instead of inserting the end into the middle of the tuner first before folding and then wrapping them.

I haven't got the balls to go back in if I'm honest!

[quote name='alexisonfire' timestamp='1389285861' post='2332399']
I haven't got the balls to go back in if I'm honest!
[/quote]

Not easy if you really feel like that but that's how people like that get away with such things, which means someone else suffering the same thing later on.

It's unbelievably outrageous!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1389286558' post='2332409']
What you get for asking for the input jack to be fixed when it is in fact the OUTPUT jack.
[/quote]
:lol: Someone had to point this out!
Still looks a shonky job without first saying 'we can strengthen this bit by doing this, or ideally you need a new pickguard if it starts causing you problems'
Some people just can't string a bass! :blink:

Complete bodge.
Hard to believe someone actually let that out of the shop as a 'fix'.
If it's not a rude question, how much did they charge you for this 'enhancement'?

Get yourself a new scratchplate and transfer the electronics from the old scratchplate to the new one.
It'll take you 30 mins and you'll do a far better job than that.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1389290509' post='2332483']
Complete bodge.
Hard to believe someone actually let that out of the shop as a 'fix'.
If it's not a rude question, how much did they charge you for this 'enhancement'?

Get yourself a new scratchplate and transfer the electronics from the old scratchplate to the new one.
It'll take you 30 mins and you'll do a far better job than that.
[/quote].... But PLEASE don't buy it from the same shop!

Is the original problem fixed?