Why become a member? ×

Barefaced. Now's your chance!!

Conan

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1387132088' post='2308518']
The 'carry'/'weight' thing gets on my nerves a little. It's all in the lift, staying healthy and being super careful! Just ask for help!!!
It's nice to be able to get cabs that are pretty light, but it isn't everything to me. [/quote]
[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1387137610' post='2308597']
there is no need for excessive weight, and we SHOULD ALL make sure we don't put pressure on our backs. I am lucky to always have assistance with moving gear. IMO - If its too heavy and wide to move yourself, use a £20 trolley off Amazon and get a friend to help with the lifts.[/quote]
[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1387194035' post='2309114']
I realise this is a serious matter for anyone with injuries, but there are no doubt many who have developed this obsession with the new technology regarding 'one schelp from car to gig'.[/quote]
[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1387210685' post='2309407']I offered my opinion,[/quote]

None of these comments strike you as being slightly, er... patronising? :blink:

I am a big strong guy, and I [b][i]choose[/i][/b] to use lightweight cabs. So maybe I am taking your advise after all! :)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1387211402' post='2309428']

I am a big strong guy, and I [b][i]choose[/i][/b] to use lightweight cabs. So maybe I am taking your advise after all! :)
[/quote]

Nope. No one has to take any notice of anyones opinion. I just offered it, that is all.

Comments aimed at me? I'm suprised how calm I've been, but that's me.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1387211402' post='2309428']

[/quote]

MM20 is right in a sense that you can f*** your back picking up your car keys with bad technique.

Lighter weight will help a lot, but you should avoid twisting and stretching, and bending your lower back.

Many painful and debilitating back injuries happen after a lot of damage has already been sustained by poor posture and poor manual handling technique. But there's no pain until it's too late.

And remember that manual handling is not just lifting stuff, it's lowering too, and pushing and pulling, carrying and supporting.

I don't use cabs (or heads for that matter), but the BF ones I've had a crack on looked and sounded great, and when I'm in the market for a cab one day, it will almost certainly be a Barefaced, partnered with a decent small power amp.

I find it a bit dispiriting that Alex is getting spat on by some people for what seem like trivial reasons. I'd feel very sad in his place, he's a nice guy.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1387212470' post='2309455']
MM20 is right in a sense that you can f*** your back picking up your car keys with bad technique.

Lighter weight will help a lot, but you should avoid twisting and stretching, and bending your lower back.

And remember that manual handling is not just lifting stuff, it's lowering too, and pushing and pulling, carrying and supporting.[/quote]

Very true - and good advice. I was probably being over sensitive - it's not been a great weekend.

Apologies to Gareth and anyone else my pontifications have irritated :blush:

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1387212470' post='2309455']
I find it a bit dispiriting that Alex is getting spat on by some people for what seem like trivial reasons. I'd feel very sad in his place, he's a nice guy.
[/quote]

+1 + trying to make a living out of something he's passionate about and making many, many people happy in the process - not many can say that.

Edited by grunge666

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1387213277' post='2309475']
Nah, it's just that moving that heavy gear doesn't leave you with enough energy to get mad
[/quote]

Probably true haha!

Yes, this is getting out of hand. If anyone has a Gen 3 in the NE that they are gigging I'm more than happy to come and see your band and take a listen/look. I am intrigued by the changes etc. I also have no problems with eating my own words, or changing opions if its necessary.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1387208294' post='2309351']

I have a busy life, so I don't want to waste my time doing things I dislike. I dislike carrying heavy, awkward-shaped objects around (when there is an alternative). I have done my time transporting a Trace Elliot stack by myself. Weaving in between drunken punters and posing singers carrying two large, nearly 50kg boxes (sometimes one in each hand!) soon gets wearing, as does skinning one's knuckles on countless doorways and bannisters. <_<

Nowadays, I can concentrate more on the actual playing instead of the furniture removal. B)
[/quote]

Yeah that kind of where I'm coming from as well. I also think its a bit of case being a bit spoiled once your used to it - had super light weight cabs never have been invented I'd probably still be "happy" to lug around the heavies but once you've sampled the delights of the lightweights there's just no going back ...

I know my back and temper both enjoy my S12V.
If you don't like the look, sound, don't get one. Why the need for your tuppence worth. Vote, move on.
If you don't like the look, don't get one.
If you have never USED ONE YOURSELF, don't criticise.
Some folk on here would cause a battle in a nunnery.

Whether someone is personally likeable should have no bearing on your view of their products.

Im sure that bloke who sold fake bomb detectors had people who liked him...

Im in no way saying Alex sells a shoddy product he clearly believes in it but this does all feel a bit fanboi to me.

Nothing can beat my genz rig in my mind. Will I take it personally when someone tells me how their one exploded and had a strong smell of yaks urine coming off it? No. Will I sell it end up with something else and regret it? Yes. Look how much BF gear comes up in amps for sale... we are almost to a man (and woman) a right fickle bunch of gits.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1387367926' post='2311098']
You can sound as "old school" as you like with Barefaced cabs, the 69'er and S15 for instance.
[/quote]

By all accounts the '69er is based on the Ampeg 810 sound-wise, but without the fridge-type size and mass. I've yet to hear one, but Bertbass replaced his Carvin 810 with one and he says it's the suspended spuds of a canine and then some.

Edited by discreet