Why become a member? ×

Barefaced. Now's your chance!!

Conan

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1386852272' post='2305317']
The voting options are two one-dimensional. I think they are both good and bad. Here's what I think.

Pros:
Great sounding cabs (to a lot of people)
Light and portable

Cons:
Some question marks over quality of product
Expensive for what they are
Some question marks about customer service
Some question marks about supply chain
[/quote]

Fair enough. Would that not be option 4?

I tried my best... :(

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1386851794' post='2305305']
Fair enough, if it were Fender, Ric, Warwick I don't see a problem, seems potentially unfair on what is after all a one man show. The web is a big audience?
[/quote]

Yes, that's a good point. I certainly did not intend this to be a platform for anyone to have a go at anyone else. However, some of the comments addressed at Alex Claber and users of his products have already been excessively vitriolic IMO. He is clearly seen as fair game to some.

Besides, I have chosen most of the poll options to reflect opinions I have already seen expressed in a number of threads relating to BF/BF products.

If this poll contravenes any forum rules, I have no issue with it being locked and/or removed.

Edited by Conan

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1386852272' post='2305317']
The voting options are two one-dimensional. I think they are both good and bad. Here's what I think.

Pros:
Great sounding cabs (to a lot of people)
Light and portable

Cons:
Some question marks over quality of product
Expensive for what they are
Some question marks about customer service
Some question marks about supply chain
[/quote]

I think this is a very fair sum up... but for me, the tone of these cabs are also a con (again, this is subjective). Regarding myself, only the light and portable aspect appeals.

At the premium that the cabs are, there are far too many cons in that list for my liking.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1386852357' post='2305320']
So far, apart from the one vote for option 1 (which I assume was Alex Claber or someone taking the piss :D), the results are going pretty much as I suspected they would :)
[/quote]

Yeah, sorry about that.

Of course, there are lot of people who won't bother entertaining the survey for starters...

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1386852849' post='2305335']
Yes, that's a good point. I certainly did not intend this to be a platform for anyone to have a go at anyone else. However, some of the comments addressed at Alex Claber and users of his products have already been excessively vitriolic IMO. He is clearly seen as fair game to some.
[/quote]

Interesting. I can't think of a single post that I have seen where somebody has been slagged off for owning a Barefaced cab. All criticisms about the BF product range seem to be about the product, not the owners... or Alex's own attitude - with regard to the way that he posts on here.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1386853044' post='2305341']
At the premium that the cabs are, there are far too many cons in that list for my liking.
[/quote]

Maybe - but there are very few people who have listed those as "cons". A sense of balance is always useful.

I don't get all the love/ hate feelings towards these cabs.............. i do look forward to a new BF thread though. it's always good for a laugh.

I owned a early BF compact/ midget T set up for a while. I wasn't that keen on the looks or sounds i was getting with my OTB 500.

I have now got a GB shuttlemax 9.2, and would love to hear it through either a gen 3 big twin or even a vintage.

cheers

thebassman

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1386853443' post='2305351']
Ah! Now we are getting somewhere! :happy:
[/quote]

Well, it's a valid point. In foamgate, the first response was a deflection, pointing out what other manufacturers do. If I was BF owner, I wouldn't want to hear about other cabs, I would want to know why my cab is spewing foam. The fact that other manufacturers may not be using wadding is actually of no relevance in that thread.

This wouldn't be limited to BF, it would apply to any company's cab that I happened to be using.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1386859571' post='2305501']
Of course not! Only a few more days to go and then EVERY thread on Basschat will be about Barefaced!
All publicity is good publicity! It's gold! :crazy:
[/quote]

I tried to PM you but you've blocked me from sending you PMs. Stop playing hard to get.