Why become a member? ×

Dorset and Somerset Bass Bash 2014: Post Event Critique

yorks5stringer

I've got to detour via Glastonbury so I won't make the 12 o'clock start, but should be there by 1pm if that's OK?
I'm bringing my ply double bass, a BigE MAS45 cab and the EA Doubler amp. Will also bring my Eminence EUB if I can fit it in on top of the baby's pram...

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1392977591' post='2374780']
I've got to detour via Glastonbury so I won't make the 12 o'clock start, but should be there by 1pm if that's OK?
I'm bringing my ply double bass, a BigE MAS45 cab and the EA Doubler amp. Will also bring my Eminence EUB if I can fit it in on top of the baby's pram...
[/quote]

No probs, Ben Crowe from Crimson Guitars can't get to us till 2.00 pm, so you'll only miss people setting up and tyre kicking....! :P Oh, and did I mention the initiation ceremony....?

Edited by yorks5stringer

By the way, as I said regarding the Midlands Bass Bash, if you guys take photos and write a few words and would like me to post them on my blog, to join my other entries about the SE Bass Bash and Herts Bass Bash, LBGS 2013 and the soon-to-be-written LBGS 2014, I'll be happy to help, since there is no blog facility on this site. Just chuck the files my way when you have them :)

Edited by bluejay

I'm hoping I should be able to make it, was thinking of bringing my Aggie gear, maybe some effects (?) and a Jazz Bass or two, and if anyone was interested I could always bring the Ri*k?

Do you think the gentleman from Crimson Guitars would be okay/willing to take a look at a '69 Jazz Bass I've recently acquired? I'm not looking for him to set it up (I've got it playing much more to how I like it), although I have a minor concern regarding the nut and was looking for a bit of advice - or is that too cheeky to expect?

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1392995346' post='2375084']
He can only say "[s]feck off "[/s] "yes or no", so I'd go for it....looking at his website and speaking to him he seems quite friendly!
[/quote]

Excellent! I wouldn't expect him to do owt for nowt. Let's just hope Mrs Thor doesn't throw a spanner in the works! :)

On junction of High Street and East Street
High Street
Milborne Port
Somerset
DT9 5DQ Telephone (01963) 250314 [url="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Dt9+5DQ&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x487247e74dfb0be7:0x154733cd0d8ccfef,Milborne+Port+DT9+5DQ&gl=uk&ei=N6AHU4KbDa6e7Ab4rYAY&ved=0CHIQtgMwCg"]https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Dt9+5DQ&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x487247e74dfb0be7:0x154733cd0d8ccfef,Milborne+Port+DT9+5DQ&gl=uk&ei=N6AHU4KbDa6e7Ab4rYAY&ved=0CHIQtgMwCg[/url]