Why become a member? ×

Dorset and Somerset Bass Bash 2014: Post Event Critique

yorks5stringer

[quote name='jimrs2k' timestamp='1393440093' post='2380388']
Mojoke, ive used a x32 a few times and i have to say they are effing awesome, even a muppet like me can use it ! they are really good.
Did you go for the compact or full size?
[/quote]

I thought how can he be skint after buying a cheapie Behringher FX pedal. Then I googled it...!!! WOW

[quote name='jimrs2k' timestamp='1393440093' post='2380388']
Mojoke, ive used a x32 a few times and i have to say they are effing awesome, even a muppet like me can use it ! they are really good.
Did you go for the compact or full size?
[/quote]

Gone for the Producer, as we need it very small format. I found an amazing deal on line which prices the whole range at similar to most people's + Vat prices until 7th March. Paid £1111 for it, instead of £1450 ish. I'll let you know how I get on!

Now the Brum Guitar Show is out the way, I've emailed Ben from Crimson Guitars regarding the setup sessions.

Will follow this up with a phone call later in the week if no response and update you on this Thread. FYI I've just asked him about the cost based on 5 or 6 and indicated there would be a weekend requirement.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheeky hijack! Posted this in the gigs section but noticed the tumbleweed & a lonely bell tolling in the distance ;-) thought I'd be cheeky & post here amongst the Somerset & dorset folk met at rhe bash?

My band Kohiba have bagged a short notice gig supporting the legendary Dutch band Focus @ The Cheese & Grain, Frome, somerset, BA11 1be, on saturday 22nd March. Should be fun. Anybody fancy going pm me for tickets? Cheers, Norm

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1394796238' post='2395304']
Cheeky hijack! Posted this in the gigs section but noticed the tumbleweed & a lonely bell tolling in the distance ;-) thought I'd be cheeky & post here amongst the Somerset & dorset folk met at rhe bash?

My band Kohiba have bagged a short notice gig supporting the legendary Dutch band Focus @ The Cheese & Grain, Frome, somerset, BA11 1be, on saturday 22nd March. Should be fun. Anybody fancy going pm me for tickets? Cheers, Norm
[/quote]

Not free but have a great gig. And I thought the leader of Focus was now a van driver for Yodel.....!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1395312117' post='2400915']

Not free but have a great gig. And I thought the leader of Focus was now a van driver for Yodel.....!
[/quote]

:-)
Thanks Keith, looking forward to it!

The setup session sounds very reasonable to me.

I'm good for all weekends but the Easter one would be good to miss I guess so I'm with GrahamT with going for the 5th or 26th. I can also possibly give someone a lift from Bristol too depending on how many people/basses I'll be carrying. I was stupid and bought a saloon so it's not the most bass friendly car...