Why become a member? ×

Upon your death... who gets your bass(es)?

EBS_freak

My stingray5's getting buried with me, that's for DAMN sure! the rest will get used to club my mortal enemies to death with, i recon...then sell 'em on ebay as murderous Rocknfunknroll items as they'll have notoriety (sp?) for the deaths and the fact that they were owned by ME! *dusts off collar and struggles to fit ego thru the door*

proceeds to be split between the BC kitty and my family

Dunno, is the death planned (well, as planned as it can be, but I meant more, you know it's happening, time to prepare, eg, old age/terminal illness) or sudden?

If it's sudden it becomes property of my parents as I've got no will currently, and will probably get given to my best mate as they know he's a good guitarist, if it's planned and approaching therefore I'd have time to organise a will, bits would go to my mate (and his brother who's actually a bassist) for the same reasons, the rest would be sold off for cash to pay for my coffin and funeral so as not to trouble the family finances, along with a donation to the charity of my illness (providing it's not old age, which it'll go to the RSPCA or to a Hosptial charity), and what's left to my 2 best friends to help with uni fee's.

Of course, that statement is based upon the here and now and my current situation in life, as stuff changes, so would my plans.

[quote name='ped' post='226138' date='Jun 24 2008, 07:31 PM']Me then Kiwi my old chum?[/quote]
[quote name='ped' post='226151' date='Jun 24 2008, 07:42 PM']I want mine auctioned off, the money being split between Basschat and the Dogs Trust.[/quote]

Only if you stop sending me links to Morgan Roussel's beastiality website.

[quote name='paul h' post='226161' date='Jun 24 2008, 07:50 PM']Mine will have to be sold off to pay for the spalted maple coffin with purple heartwood and ebony accent stripes, and mother of pearl inlays.[/quote]

Hahahah! I like it. Imagine being buried in a 5A maple coffin with MOP inlays and ebony purfling.

[quote name='paul h' post='226197' date='Jun 24 2008, 08:29 PM']It would have to be fully shielded too of course, that would probably cost a bit.[/quote]
and sound proofed, imagine the grinding of teeth from the assembled relatives.

EDIT: Well if you're dead anyway, its not going to matter a great deal is it? :)

I think if I knew I was a gonna with a terminal illness I'd customise them all with a unique 12th fret inlay and give them away to deserving bass players.

I wouldn't bury one with me cause what's the point? It's not as if I'd know :)

Peter

I'm having my very own `landfill' site for me and my girls - I'm hoping that the collection will top at least 200 basses by then! :)

Very morbid but at the end of the day, this body is simply an organic spacesuit for my soul to `enjoy' this particular frequency range we perceive as reality so as to what happens to the bits of wood and wire (and carbon fibre!) once the spacesuit throws in the towel remains to be decided. Probably leave some to some good mates/students etc.

Erm, thought about it a few times, but id split my gear up between a few select people:

My Aerodyne and Pedals id leave to my mate Jim, whos been my musical buddy for about 6/7 years, been through a load of bands and gigs together.

My SX, ATK and Ashdown rig id leave to my gf Emily, and request that she either sell it and use the money on something she'd enjoy, give it to a good cause or use it herself.

My bronco id leave to my mum, and request she get it framed as 'the bass that started it all'.

Thats about it.