Why become a member? ×

This.

steve-soar

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1382139218' post='2248698']
Why did she do that when she's got backing vocalists there who would have sounded far better singing the harmony?
[/quote]

Because music is not only art.
It is also having fun and courting the audience.

I liked this song, Sensitive chords, nice atmosphere, and lovely how she does this what I suppose is overtone stuff only for a few seconds rather than keeping at it and ruining the song.

BTW, what's the fat synth? Bassist's synth pedal I presume?

[quote name='Nick Riffed' timestamp='1382131756' post='2248609']
Fantastic voice, an amazing technique with a solid tight band behind her, but what a boring song.
[/quote]

Agreed. Great vocal technique, a groovin' band but a song with a dreadful melody and embarrassingly bad lyrics.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1382187385' post='2249047']
I don't often agree with what you say, but I do this time :)
[/quote]

Ah, admit it, you may not LIKE what I say, but you know I'm right ..and that's what you don't like about it. lol

And yes, David Lee Roth, James Brown, Mariah Carey -- it's a quirky ability that's cool for 3 seconds out of the night. My fav is @ 2:41 of this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M Not quite as clean as the others but absolutely killer.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1382189222' post='2249069']
[b]Ah, admit it, you may not LIKE what I say, but you know I'm right ..and that's what you don't like about it. lol [/b]

And yes, David Lee Roth, James Brown, Mariah Carey -- it's a quirky ability that's cool for 3 seconds out of the night. My fav is @ 2:41 of this song. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M[/media] Not quite as clean as the others but absolutely killer.
[/quote]

No, I often think you talk a lot of old bollocks :)