Why become a member? ×

This.

steve-soar

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1382139218' post='2248698']
Why did she do that when she's got backing vocalists there who would have sounded far better singing the harmony?
[/quote]

Because that's they way she wanted to do it, it's sounds totally different to backing vocals, it has artistic expression, and clearly the band enjoyed the vocal gymnastics. In fact that band seem to enjoy gymnastics more than music half the time, but without their instrumental prowess it would be a bloody boring band.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1382190052' post='2249078']
it's also entertainment.
[/quote]
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

... or, as some numpties would call it, "having fun and courting the audience".

Please keep doing it. It keeps us down here on the ground where we belong.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1382192723' post='2249118']
You're just confusing a lack of comprehension with absence of merit. Work on it. : )
[/quote]

I certainly comprehend your posting bollocks as fact, and subsequently telling people they are dumb shits when they challenge you :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1382193118' post='2249127']
*Posts pic of someone eating popcorn in a cinema*
[/quote]

When they stop posting with smilies, it may get knocked out of your hand

Re the original post, Awesome band and singer yes, but not a great tune to show it off IMO

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1382193021' post='2249125']
I certainly comprehend your posting bollocks as fact, and subsequently telling people they are dumb shits when they challenge you :)
[/quote]

Show me one post where I called people any names (no less dumb shits) for disagreeing with me and I'll write you a check for $10,000. If not, you may want to just keep quiet.

I've seen the vid already Steve but I think it's amazing, a few of my mates jammed with the drummer recently when he was over in the UK, the whole band are killer. I do sometimes find their music a little too 'clean' but on this occasion I just thought it was staggering musicianship. And Donny's daughter has got one hell of a voice.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1382256465' post='2249671']
Ms Hathaway is a brilliant singer - she's on Marcus Miller's "live and more" album doing 'summertime' (with Poogie Bell on drums too)

[media]http://youtu.be/G-SyzPda7RA[/media]
[/quote]
Well, some interesting replies, as usual. Basshchat shows its broad colours. That's why it's a proper forum, not populated by dickheads, passionate posts but dickhead free.

I love her voice. And this is a great version posted by paul5.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1382194481' post='2249147']
Show me one post where I called people any names (no less dumb shits) for disagreeing with me and I'll write you a check for $10,000. If not, you may want to just keep quiet.
[/quote]

Ok mate, sorry, I was a bit out of order and I apologise. I do think you are aggressive in your assertions, and dismissive of others' views if they don't agree with you, but nevertheless I'm sorry for being a dick, I came over all unnecessary. x