Why become a member? ×

Post your pictures, Lets see what you all look like.

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='895083' date='Jul 14 2010, 09:04 PM']But seriously, i hope that wasn't verging onto a homophobic comment as i really have no tolerance for that.[/quote]

What I have no tolerance for is the homophobic bandwagon being jumped on when the fact that someone who's entire "talent" is to emphasise to the point of pastiche their gaydom is highlighted. Step into the frame "Alan Carr" and "Graham Norton". :)
[i]Cue the pro-homo line any minute now - that if you don't find them funny you must be homo-phobic.[/i]

Having said that, I would say that Dale Winton has the balance just right & does a cracking job, closely followed (resisting strongly the opportunity for an "oo-er missus" there) by Paul O'Grady.

Handbags at the ready ............ 4, 3, 2, 1, ................

[quote name='Big_Stu' post='895164' date='Jul 14 2010, 10:29 PM']What I have no tolerance for is the homophobic bandwagon being jumped on when the fact that someone who's entire "talent" is to emphasise to the point of pastiche their gaydom is highlighted. Step into the frame "Alan Carr" and "Graham Norton". :)
[i]Cue the pro-homo line any minute now - that if you don't find them funny you must be homo-phobic.[/i]

Having said that, I would say that Dale Winton has the balance just right & does a cracking job, closely followed (resisting strongly the opportunity for an "oo-er missus" there) by Paul O'Grady.

Handbags at the ready ............ 4, 3, 2, 1, ................[/quote]
I agree completely (except paul o grady, he does my nut in aswell, he's just completely un-funny)

heres me at 'The Charlotte', Leicester 2 ish years ago.
[attachment=54275:me_at_charlotte.jpg]

Me with my band at 'The Shed' a year ago... it was full :) im closest the camera
[attachment=54276:a_full_shed.jpg]

me kinda recent, minus a bass
[attachment=54277:Photo_26.jpg]

[quote name='budget bassist' post='895177' date='Jul 14 2010, 10:39 PM']I agree completely (except paul o grady, he does my nut in aswell, he's just completely un-funny)[/quote]

In parts he is, but what I meant was he doesn't ram the fact he plays from the pavilion end down your throat!

People like Alan Carr & Norton are at the opposite end of the spectrum to Chubby Brown & he's not about to get his own Radio 2 show is he?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me in my first band taken around 2005 (i'm the old guy with the bass). The band is still on the go and one of the more successful function bands in the area. I'm still playing sh*tty pubs once a month. C'est la vie as they say in the South of France :)

[attachment=55929:the6yearsago.jpg]

Edited by thepurpleblob

Playing at my slide-player's 50th birthday bash two weeks ago. He looks like this:

[attachment=55930:40612_46...502591_n.jpg]

So just for that evening, I looked like this:

[attachment=55931:40517_46...099099_n.jpg]

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='917428' date='Aug 6 2010, 09:16 PM']Playing at my slide-player's 50th birthday bash two weeks ago. He looks like this:

[attachment=55931:40517_46...099099_n.jpg][/quote]
Going for the Deborah Harry look. Like your style. :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='917428' date='Aug 6 2010, 09:16 PM']Playing at my slide-player's 50th birthday bash two weeks ago. He looks like this:

[attachment=55931:40517_46...099099_n.jpg][/quote]
HAHAHAHA!! Wish I could have been there man! Was it a wickid night?

Me at the Rock Attic, Streatham just before Christmas last year:

[attachment=56559:l_f5cb13...2d7f7f65.jpg]

At the same gig, having some quiet time while everyone else is going mad for it!:

[attachment=56558:l_a86d6c...1b5cd4a1.jpg]

Shame I had to leave the band, had some wick tunes though. You lot should check em out if they come by your way. Called Pure Negative!

Truckstop.

[quote name='silddx' post='924366' date='Aug 13 2010, 08:51 PM']First gig with gloves ..[/quote]

That looks so unbelievably cool. I thought, when the topic came up first of all, it would look just plain stupid, but it doesn't - you pull it off spectacularly well.

Of course not everyone could - if I wear all black I look like a pile of lorry tyres. Hey ho.

[quote name='Paul S' post='924665' date='Aug 14 2010, 09:29 AM']That looks so unbelievably cool. I thought, when the topic came up first of all, it would look just plain stupid, but it doesn't - you pull it off spectacularly well.

Of course not everyone could -[b] if I wear all black I look like a pile of lorry tyres. Hey ho.[/b][/quote]
:rolleyes:

Thanks man :)