Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB728 + DB680 + Case - CLOSED
£2200

mrbassman_de

I am considering to part with the ultimate tube amp warship. This extraordinary pre/power combo is long discontinued and a rare find now.

Both units are in top condition. Preamp tubes are higher grade Tesla / JJ and Philips, Power tubes are Svetlana winged-C - All of them brand new installed and biassed at Paul's Bassmatters in Nijmwegen. The units are covered by an oversized flightcase (with a very deep back door). The footswitch for the DB680 is included.

This rack is HEAVY ! So I do not consider shipping. The package is located in Duesseldorf/Germany.
DB728 is sold. Will offer the DB680 separately.

Edited by mrbassman_de

Of course I know :-) But this wonderful forum is frequently visited by German, Dutch, Belgium, French, whatever players and may be one of them is interested - who knows ... there is also some chance that I will do a trip to UK in the next months so let's see...

Edited by mrbassman_de

[quote name='mrbassman_de' timestamp='1378505750' post='2201385']
Of course I know :-) But this wonderful forum is frequently visited by German, Dutch, Belgium, French, whatever players and may be one of them is interested - who knows ... there is also some chance that I will do a trip to UK in the next months so let's see...
[/quote]

You're right man, this forum is awesome also because it featuring players from several country even outside UE.
Anyway, killing rig man, free bump for you!

Edited by enricogaletta

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1378501464' post='2201332']
Good luck with the sale, but you know this is a UK forum, right? Collection only may be a problem!!
[/quote]

I would happily walk to Dusseldorf in flippers and carry that thing back the same way if I had £2200

Yea. love Basschat because members come from all over. I have had contact from Germany, U.K., Spain, Italy and Ireland regarding an Item I sold here a couple of days ago. Recently traded with a guy in Hungry. Its a great forum!. Best of luck with selling this amazing and rare Aguilar set up

Edited by leroydiamond

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1378543918' post='2201568']
I would happily walk to Dusseldorf in flippers and carry that thing back the same way if I had £2200
[/quote]

If i gave you the £2200, would you make a video diary? ;)

Beast of a setup and i certainly did not want to suggest otherwise! Out of interest, what kind of total weight are we talking?

Thanks for all comments. I might consider shipping at buyer's risk. I am well known for quite careful packaging, so I would do my best. Although, the poweramp alone is really a heft. Also considering to split the units now for separate deals. I'm open for offers... let me know your thoughts.

Having owned a DB680, I can say that in all seriousness, it is among the very best pres ever designed/built for bass. Staggering. Though I tried, I never managed to pair mine with a 728. I can only imagine that the tone is outrageous. I'm tempted, but wow, the weight. If you can afford it and carry it, I would say that you can't go wrong. We see some fantastic rigs go through these pages but the 680/728 has to be getting towards the peerless end of the spectrum. Also, MrBassman is an outstanding pillar of our community - deal in confidence

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1378736424' post='2203915']
Having owned a DB680, I can say that in all seriousness, it is among the very best pres ever designed/built for bass. Staggering. Though I tried, I never managed to pair mine with a 728. I can only imagine that the tone is outrageous. I'm tempted, but wow, the weight. If you can afford it and carry it, I would say that you can't go wrong. We see some fantastic rigs go through these pages but the 680/728 has to be getting towards the peerless end of the spectrum. Also, MrBassman is an outstanding pillar of our community - deal in confidence
[/quote]
Indeed. I own a DB680, playing through it now. Jah Wobble lines. I'd love to try the 728. I use mine with a QSC PLX 3102. Will you split?

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1379970859' post='2219039']
Indeed. I own a DB680, playing through it now. Jah Wobble lines. I'd love to try the 728. I use mine with a QSC PLX 3102. Will you split?
[/quote]

Yes, I would split. My idea would be

DB680: 950 GBP /1100 EUR
DB728: 1250 GBP / 1500 EUR

Both together with a large case: 2200 GBP / 2500 EUR

Of course, shipping is extra, which could be a lot for the power amp.

Not interested in trades, unless for old Fenders, Allevas, F Bass Fretless or something in that league, probably with cash your way.

For a cash and pick-up sale, I would lower the price significantly - shipping these beasts is a nightmare.