Why become a member? ×

The Bass Doc

Cat Burrito

Anyone seen or heard from him recently? I placed an order with him end of last month having read his 7 pages of "top bloke / great comms" feedback and not heard anything for ages. I chased it back on the 8th and he replied to say he was doing my pickguard next and it should be here by last weekend. He's not been in touch since and I haven't received anything. I have emailed the paypal email address and messaged him on here but he's not been on for a few days now. I refuse to believe he's had me over as he has so many positive transactions but the silence is certainly strange and bucks the trend of what everyone else has said.

Does anyone know him? Is he ok? I figure he's a popular chap so somebody might be able to shed some light for me.

Cheers,

Hi - I got a message from Howard around 15th August saying he'd not been well.

I have 2 scratchplates on order with him but there is really no rush for them so I have told him to finish them only when he is 100% ready and fit again.

Is there anyone on here that knows Howard personally who can check in with him to make sure he is doing okay?

He seems like a genuine good guy and well respected member here so we need to look after him ;0)

If you're reading this Howard, get well soon!

Edited by Gary Williams

• 1 month later...

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1380742396' post='2229982']
Just got my lefty custom-made faux brushed-gold jazz bass pickguard delivered. Made by the Bass Doc and it is excellent.
[/quote]
Awesome, that looks gorgeous! They are wickid aren't they. I've just sent Horrid a drawing of my Lion Head PG for my new Jag I won at the SE Bass Bash. I can't wait! Airbrushing the black detail is going to be interesting, will have to think about how I'm going to mask it.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1380744703' post='2230030']

Awesome, that looks gorgeous! They are wickid aren't they. I've just sent Horrid a drawing of my Lion Head PG for my new Jag I won at the SE Bass Bash. I can't wait! Airbrushing the black detail is going to be interesting, will have to think about how I'm going to mask it.

[/quote]
Love the idea. Stick it up when it's done.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1380745511' post='2230053']
I got my faux-gold guard from Howard, too!

Very pleased.

And he's restoring a Hayman 40 40 for me as well. So he's keeping busy, then. :lol:
[/quote]

Oh Sister Mary. :gas: :gas: :gas: :gas: forgive me.
Discreet, you may not always seem of this Earth, but boy do you have taste

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1380797012' post='2230622']
[size=4]...you may not always seem of this Earth...[/size]
[/quote]

I'm sure I don't know what you mean. Sneed! Otter milk! Herring!

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1380797012' post='2230622']
[size=4]...but boy, do you have taste.[/size]
[/quote]

So do you, sir - obviously. ;)