Why become a member? ×

Sound Control - Re-launch

BassDad

Don't know if anyone else has seen this? Just had an e-mail regarding the SC re-launch. Now being called Reverb which was what I think they used to call their magazine. Not all old SC shops probably just cherry picked the best sites.

Possible bargains to be had?

Frank

I've just come back from Zavvi Oxford Street and the basement is barricaded off with a notice saying Sound Control no longer trades from these premises. The basement itself has some display stands but looks basically gutted.

[quote name='chardbass' post='217514' date='Jun 12 2008, 11:59 AM']They relaunch in about 3 weeks.[/quote]

MB1. :)
"Calling International Rescue.....Come in International Rescue....Jeff are you recieving me?"...........
"Message recieved and understood Penny"............5..........4............3............2...............1!
...................."Whose Got a Nice Balloon Then"? :huh:

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='217520' date='Jun 12 2008, 12:14 PM']I've just come back from Zavvi Oxford Street and the basement is barricaded off with a notice saying Sound Control no longer trades from these premises. The basement itself has some display stands but looks basically gutted.[/quote]

Yup, it's been like that since at least last week, if not before. A funny site.

Anyone know what's happening to the Nottingham store?

I know there's the Drum and Guitar thingy around the corner, which appears to have a great range percusive instruments, but the guitar and bass section is on a par with SC just before they closed down and not a patch on what it used to be when they were Carlsbro.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='217520' date='Jun 12 2008, 12:14 PM']I've just come back from Zavvi Oxford Street and the basement is barricaded off with a notice saying Sound Control no longer trades from these premises. The basement itself has some display stands but looks basically gutted.[/quote]

Wow! It's weird to think I probably walked past you! I can get to Zavvi from my office in about 60 seconds :)

[quote name='dlloyd' post='218004' date='Jun 12 2008, 10:56 PM']If you're an unsecured creditor of Sound Control (which is what you are if you've paid a deposit for an item or paid in full for an item that you haven't received), you've lost your money for good.[/quote]

Are you sure?
Shouldn't you be able to contact whoever is handling the Administration and request a 'Proof Of Debt' form!?

Si

Surprised no one has come in yet for the Nottm one, there has been a music store on that site for a long time, there's no other really wide ranging music shop in the city centre apart from an overpriced and understocked place in one of the shopping centres. SC was far from perfect but had the biggest selection in the city.