Why become a member? ×

Sound Control - Re-launch

BassDad

funnily enough i spoke to a guy behind the till first and he was a right arsehole, after asking to speak to a manager it went something like "*laugh* well what are they going to do??" thank god i managed to get hold of one. tit.

Sound Control Salford is now owned by PMT and the new sign will be going up shortly. When I was in there the other day it did seem a bit understocked but a lot of stuff was being moved over from the Preston store. The guy I assumed was the manager and the one who let you take your amp (shortish, shaved head, southern accent) seemed very positive. Mind you he has to be. I didn't recognise the few staff in there but I believe a lot of the original SC will be retained.

I'm always reluctant to part with cash in that store due to some of the bad experiences I've had there in the past due to pig ignorant staff. I know I can take my business elsewhere but the thing is they do tend to have a good selection of gear and you can haggle to a degree. I did buy a telecaster from them once which had to be sent away to have a new neck fitted. They were reluctant but when the instore tech couldn't adjust the truss rod either he relented and sent it away.

Fingers crossed a new owner might bring a new attitude to the store.

PS Congrats on finally getting your amp. So now you have an Ampeg and an Ashdown. Choices Choices. Maybe your next one will begin with a 'B'

Edited by ednaplate

• 1 month later...

[quote name='sam88' post='219848' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:03 PM']thats a good point, i brought this up directly with Deloitte who were/are handling the administration process and explained carefully the situation of the amp being in the branch etc etc and i was informed that they are within their legal rights to not hand it over even though technically it is mine. I imagine its long gone now anyway.
Also i dont have any insurance :) damn.[/quote]

You should speak to a lawyer right now. You usually get a quick consult for cheap or free to see if there is a case. It certainly was not in Deloitte's interest to do anything for you. You are not their client. Why should they care? If they have acted illegally the fact that the amp is long gone is irrelivent. You will be due compensation. This is a tricky one clearly and needs a lawyer to resolve.

BTW... you can *prove* all you have written here, yes? It's all moot if you cannot.