Why become a member? ×

Good slim necked jazz

Thunderbird

Hi mates

Dunno if this is in the right section but if not sorry, I am thinking of trading my G+L SB-2 tribute I don't want to trade it as it is the best bass I have ever owned but due to the injury with my hand and wrist I am just not playing it as I cant stretch my hand properly on the neck so really I want you guys to give me some ideas at basses I should be on the look out for that are about the same trade value I am obviously looking for a nice slim neck and some thing that has a similar punch to the SB-2 and is a 4 stringer and also in top condition I don't mind what make it is only thing I'm not looking for is an Ibanez as I have one on its way to me. I might even keep the G+L if the Ibanez works for me just because I don't want it go and hopefully I may be able to play it again in the future if the quacks decide whether or not they can fix my hand/wrist anyway enough of my waffling.

Thanks in advance guys :)

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1373235534' post='2135243']
Go out and try a Geddy Lee Jazz. The shallowest neck known to man. It's as close as I ever got to playing air bass.
[/quote]

Yes, try a Geddy Lee, their necks are so easy and comfortable to play.

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1373268686' post='2135356']
Lakland JO/44-60 also has a slimmer neck than a US jazz.
[/quote][quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1373268202' post='2135344']
I've also got hand and wrist troubles, and find that Ibanez Soundgears work for me, so if that's the model that you have on the way then that might work. Yes its a Soundgear I have coming :)
[/quote][quote name='ikay' timestamp='1373268686' post='2135356']
[/quote] I like the Lakland but way blows my budget booohooo

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1373270331' post='2135379']
I like the Lakland but way blows my budget booohooo
[/quote]
[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1373268686' post='2135356']
[/quote]

Yep, i have one of those necks on my Squier and its even slimmer and flatter than my Squier CV jazz neck (which i what i was going to add my vote for ).

I had a Jaguar bass for a while - it has the same neck dimensions as the Geddy Lee Jazz, should you fancy a different body shape option. Also the Precision Lyte has a similarly shallow and narrow neck. Both are smaller than a standard Jazz neck.

A good many Peaveys have very shallow and slim necks, some I believe are top quality instruments. If you can find one, a Peavey Fury has a similarly shallow and slim neck, but with a P-Bass configuration. I tracked one down courtesy of Flat Eric and it is lovely. Inexpensive to buy but really nice quality instrument

• 2 weeks later...