Why become a member? ×

NBD: JV Precision

tredders

This little beauty arrived today - 1982 JV Precision. It's my first JV Fender, so I wanted to know what all the fuss is about. The JV series of basses (and guitars) is well documented here: [url="http://www.21frets.com/"]http://www.21frets.com/[/url], and I've not been disappointed - it's a beauty.

It's in very good condition, and it plays really well. As for the sound, well, it sounds just like a P bass should - rich and fat with the tone rolled off, and clanky and bright with the tone full on.

Really nice smooth transaction with JimmySims, who put me in touch with a friend of his who was selling her (at a cracking price - I was first in a very long queue to buy it, apparently!). I'd originally planned to collect on Sunday morning (3.5 hour round trip from Warwickshire to London), but a buddy of mine was working down there today, and did the courier thing for me.

Anyway, a few pics: -

And here it is with my '73 P bass - quite a difference in sunbursts between the two: -

Tredders

Edited by tredders

A mate of mine has one of the very first Squier P basses brought into the UK, complete with Fender spaghetti logo and the smaller Squier series logo in black on the end of the headstock. It's an amazing bass in every way, beautifully put together and tone to die for. If this is half as good as that bass, then it's a good 'un! B)

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1373097767' post='2133636']
Thanks, It is rather spectacular but thinking of moving it on now.
[/quote]

I don't need another P bass.

I've just pickup this little beauty. A 1999 CIJ ( now with correct Fender bridge ) US pickups, CTS pots, D - Tuner and shielded pickup / control cavities. [URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/monstermarc/media/1b9c7df3-065c-4a53-aa63-b48055f6358c_zpscc09d7f6.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q691/monstermarc/1b9c7df3-065c-4a53-aa63-b48055f6358c_zpscc09d7f6.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='tedmanzie' timestamp='1373116558' post='2133880']
was this the bass that was up for £850 and got suddenly price dropped to £500?!
i would have definitely bought it if i'd seen the price drop sooner :shok:
[/quote]

Yes, it was. I was lucky enough to be at the front of the "I'll definitely take it" queue. Quick bank transfer to the seller's account, and it was mine.

For once I was in the right place at the right time :)

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1373069871' post='2133543']
A mate of mine has one of the very first Squier P basses brought into the UK, complete with Fender spaghetti logo and the smaller Squier series logo in black on the end of the headstock. It's an amazing bass in every way, beautifully put together and tone to die for. If this is half as good as that bass, then it's a good 'un! B)
[/quote] I've one of them too. Great basses! (even if my one currently doesn't get played :( )
your one looks great too tredders! def looks the part :) how does it compare to your '73?

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1373127077' post='2134009']
your one looks great too tredders! def looks the part :) how does it compare to your '73?
[/quote]

They're quite different beasts - the '73 is strung with TI flats, and has a B profile neck, whereas the JV has rounds on it (Rotos, I think) and a more traditional P bass neck - wider but shallower than the '73.

Have to say that I'm impressed with the JV - it feels very well put together, and sounds great.