Why become a member? ×

Recommend a guitar forum similar to Basschat

ingmar808

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1371562236' post='2115544']
Sign me up. I am a strong-limbed son of the Empire and I've got my own hat.

[size=3]BassChat colonists at Pedkiwi hill-station 1898[/size]
[/quote]

Marvellous Good Sir, and do you also:

1) Have references from the highest authorities of somewhere in the colonies I've never heard of but will nevertheless have to accept your word on or risk personal affront?
2) An equally tenuous personal connection? For example, a distant relative who knows the uncle of someone who worked with someone in India who went to the same public school as my second cousin's sister in law?
3) Share a common interest that we might otherwise indulge in rather than doing anything productive? For example, taking the Pith?

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1371507705' post='2114916']
We're working on Guitarchat.co.uk and should be done by the end of the year!
[/quote]

Great I'll know where not to go avoid all the tedious arguments about string thickness, single coils vs humbuckers, real amps vs simulators, modern vs "vintage" guitars, "shredders" vs "bloos " players what make of 9v batteries to use in your effects pedals to get so-and-so's exact tone.

Edited by bassman7755

Exciting news on the GC/DC (world's worst tribute band ;)) front, shall wait with baited breath!

Another MusicRadar user over here; yes, there is the occasional futile off-topic spat and argument over 'technique vs 'feel'' and suchlike, but on the whole it's a friendly place with (as Uncle says) some VERY knowledgeable people in a whole range of fields (I count amongst the ones I know personally two amp-builders/techs (one with a certain well-known UK manufacturer off the M1 in the south-east ;)), a couple of professional sound engineers/acoustics guys, a few pro guitar tutors and a fairly big music shop owner). Classifieds section is often rather drool-worthy too, worth a look.

(I post there as 'thebeagle', by the way; don't THINK I'm on Uncle's ignore list yet :P)

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1371564260' post='2115568']
You should go and check out Guitarchat, it's like basschat, run by the same guys and.....

what's that guys?

Milty's listening?

Sorry, forget I said anything, it doesn't exist yet.......
;)
[/quote]

*Wanders over upon hearing my name being mentioned*

Hey! eh... what are... eh... what are you guys talking about? Do you, um... do you guys like pizza?

[quote name='Ian Savage' timestamp='1371575301' post='2115767']
Another MusicRadar user over here; yes, there is the occasional futile off-topic spat and argument over 'technique vs 'feel'' and suchlike, but on the whole it's a friendly place with (as Uncle says) some VERY knowledgeable people in a whole range of fields (I count amongst the ones I know personally two amp-builders/techs (one with a certain well-known UK manufacturer off the M1 in the south-east ;)), a couple of professional sound engineers/acoustics guys, a few pro guitar tutors and a fairly big music shop owner). Classifieds section is often rather drool-worthy too, worth a look.

(I post there as 'thebeagle', by the way; don't THINK I'm on Uncle's ignore list yet :P)
[/quote]
[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1371575918' post='2115771']
I'm a mod on Musicradar.

There are no instructions from up on high other than - bin the spam, bin the libel.

Uncle can't ignore me as mods can't be ignored! :D
[/quote]

Haha, nah you guys are cool. I think. :o

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1371566587' post='2115601']
Great I'll know where not to go avoid all the tedious arguments about string thickness, single coils vs humbuckers, real amps vs simulators, modern vs "vintage" guitars, "shredders" vs "bloos " players what make of 9v batteries to use in your effects pedals to get so-and-so's exact tone.
[/quote]

Yes, you can come here for the fresh and scintillating arguments we have here:

* What bass for metal?

* Jazz or Precision?

* Active or passive?

* Flea or Mark King?

* Can this bass be used for...

:lol:

Edited by Chris2112

Here's a money saving tip for one bunch of musicians....

Make a duplicate of this forum & just add an "r" to make Brasschat. :D

Saves a fortune on all the individual blowers too. Though you might find the in demand players needing things like Tubachat or Hornchat (though that one might get a lot of visitors expecting something else).

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1371597383' post='2116118']
Yes, you can come here for the fresh and scintillating arguments we have here:

* What bass for metal?

* Jazz or Precision?

* Active or passive?

* Flea or Mark King?

* Can this bass be used for...

:lol:
[/quote]

Yes but guitarists make bass players look like amateurs in the obsess-about-tone/gear-rather-than-actually-learn-to-play-better stakes.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1371621891' post='2116184']
Here's a money saving tip for one bunch of musicians....

Make a duplicate of this forum & just add an "r" to make Brasschat. :D

Saves a fortune on all the individual blowers too. Though you might find the in demand players needing things like Tubachat or Hornchat (though that one might get a lot of visitors expecting something else).
[/quote]

Or remove the B and use that as the singers forum