Why become a member? ×

Roqsolid cases

Bassmonkey

Reading a thread on here a few weeks ago I realised that Roqsolid were based near to where I live. I found them last week and met Lee. He created me a case for a powered monitor (a rounded wedge shape - not straight), made a template while I waited, let me choose the fabric and bindings then quoted a great price (no shipping costs). Less than a week later, calls to say it's ready. I honestly couldn't be happier. What a guy and a team. Really friendly and helpful. Absolute credit due in a time where many businesses offer second rate and sometimes surly service. Wish I had more cases need! buy with confidence (but then I know loads of you already have) Andy

Nice people but I've had 3 covers from them, all go wrong, even when specified exactly what I want. They've sorted it 2 times out of 3 and were lovely, but the 3rd time, they sorted an initial issue, only for it to still be wrong when they sent it back...at that point I gave up and I make do.
Lovely people, consistent difficult experience for me though.

Just make sure you really really explain what you're after, even if it's a stock selection from their site.

Si

• 2 weeks later...

Any opinions on all the 'extras' you can opt for ordering on their site - the extra padding, handle holes, board pockets and other stuff? It seems they can quickly become an expensive option if you go for all the options, is the basic spec adequate?

[quote name='booboo' timestamp='1371766053' post='2118013']
Any opinions on all the 'extras' you can opt for ordering on their site - the extra padding, handle holes, board pockets and other stuff? It seems they can quickly become an expensive option if you go for all the options, is the basic spec adequate?
[/quote]

Personally I'd have to say that the basic spec is not adequate protection. It's ok to protect for scuffing of finishes but it's not a patch on the made to measure covers you get from people like Aguilar and Bergantino.

I've not seen one of their padded covers though - maybe they offer a bit more protection.

I've got Roqsolid covers for my Epifani speaker cabs and my Aguilar TH500. They're good covers for keeping your stuff relatively dry in wet weather and scuff free, which is what (I think) most people want. They're never going to be total protection against any major knocks or drops, but if anyone's that worried, then maybe investing in a set of flightcases might be in order. More expensive, but you get what you pay for....

I got my cover for the Markbass CMD121P combo earlier this week. Pretty fast. I'm really happy with it. It's a "cover", not a "case". Sure, it will protect if from minor scuffs, and dust, and rain when moving it from/to the car... I think if you need more than that you want a case, not a cover.
I like it. A lot.

I just took delivery of a cover for my a Schroeder 21012 and decided t go with the optional 4mm foam padding.

It's a lot more substantial than the standard Roqsolid cover and certainly a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion.

The best cover I had though was a complete zip around cover from Silverstone. The quality was superb but unfortunately it took an age to arrive and from what I understand, I was lucky to receive a cover at all based on other people's experiences with them.

I`ve had Roqsolid covers for all of my many cabs over the last couple of years. I always go for the regular unpadded covers as I`m very careful with my gear, and only really want them to stop rain/scuffs to the finish. I suppose if I were regularly carting my gear about in the back of a van I`d go for the padded versions. Great company, very quick turnaround, and out of the many items I`ve had from them, they`ve all been spot-on, no need to return any.

• 2 weeks later...