Why become a member? ×

In praise of Little Mark

BassYerbouti

[quote name='jrturner77' timestamp='1369047596' post='2084150']
Just picked up a LM 800, GREAT amp. So much punch and power. Thought I could never cheat on my Ampeg but think a sale may be coming up.
[/quote]
I have the Lm800 as well, I absolutely love it!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='BassYerbouti' timestamp='1368709039' post='2080442']
Played through a Little Mark amp last night at a new rehearsal studio for us. Holy cow! that has got some punch to it. Nice tones, solid build, easy controls, fits in yer pocket. What's not to like?
[/quote]The colour!
But that didn't stop me from buying a Little Mark III. :)

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1371242440' post='2111779']
Hate the colour love the sound!!
[/quote]

I was a bit like that, I thought that they would look too modern & hi-tech for my punk bands, but now I`ve got them, and love the sound so much, well lets say I`m glad they are distinctive.

I like my LMII based combo but for some reason, went through various amp heads before realising I wanted a LM II head. Am now happy & have pocketed the cash difference :-)

Like ChrisB, I found the F1 I tried cold & clinical by comparison. On another thread, someone pointed out the difference is the digital power amp in the F series amps.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently picked up a little mark 250 blackline. Wonderful little amp, have it paired with a TC BC212 and it sounds amazing. Also solves two of the main issues with mark bass heads... price and look. The blackline is a much sleeker colour scheme being primarily black with the three "mark bass orange" knobs and writing. Also as it is built in Indonesia rather than Italy it makes the amps substantial more affordable, without compromising on anything, and in some cases at the moment these amps are better than there Italian counterparts as the factory is trying to prove itself.