Why become a member? ×

My Band's First Music Video

allihts

It's excellent. I like the song, and the video looks like it was fun to make. I like the little interplayed accents between the drums and bass on the heavy choruses, so simple and so effective. Great stuff, you should be really proud of this.

Superb - well done - that is a proper song.
A song, that does my favourite thing - actually goes somewhere, not the usual verse/chorus/verse/chorus etc all at the same dynamic.
Bet it's great to play and to listen to live.

Thanks guys it really means a lot to get compliments from musically-minded people! We filmed the music video in an abandoned house just outside of glasgow which was really cool, we just blasted the song for a couple of hours and rocked out! We're touring the UK at the start of June, I'll put the dates in this thread when it's all confirmed and hopefully some of you will make it along and check us out live!!!! Thanks again.

Edited by allihts

Great stuff, you just need to find an Engineer who will work on a bass tone now, try introducing a mixed 2 ch of mic up up cab and di mixed unless the warm dull organ pedal tones is the sound you were after.
Many recording buffs want the bass done in 1 take straight in the desk, line 6 pod effect compressor on and done.
In the good old days they worked at it a bit, hence famous players had distinctive tones.
Stand out !

On styles, Rublux meets foo fighters ?

Who are Rubylux ? wake up...

Edited by spacey

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1368553812' post='2078510']
Great stuff, you just need to find an Engineer who will work on a bass tone now, try introducing a mixed 2 ch of mic up up cab and di mixed unless the warm dull organ pedal tones is the sound you were after.
Many recording buffs want the bass done in 1 take straight in the desk, line 6 pod effect compressor on and done.
In the good old days they worked at it a bit, hence famous players had distinctive tones.
Stand out !

On styles, Rublux meets foo fighters ?

Who are Rubylux ? wake up...
[/quote]

The bass was actually the engineer/producer's 73 P recorded off a DI and a mic'd ampeg amp+cab, I personally think the tone is quite beefy and suits the rocky feel of the song but I guess everyone has different preferences when it comes to sound otherwise the world would be a very boring place!

Edited by allihts

I can hear the track screaming out for a bit of highs and click from the bass, but modern recording methods and the fascination to make the whole track as close to loud zero level dont leave you much room.
The bass fuzzilator plugin as I call it produces a lovely mid scooped compressed tone when the track is solo, but it is quickly lost in the mix.
I dont know, perhaps blending in and not standing out was your aim, but I can hear the need for some more tone on the bass in certain areas.
Too many tracks just treat the bass like a over and done and out of the way, who does not crave that small taste of the focused bass lift at a certain part of the track.
As a bass player you have to fight to be a bass player and to be heard as a bass player.
Think, where would all the heros be if they had the warm dull tone.
Let it go man, next time you get a chance to record, make the engineer work for you .
I have a playback system here to full studio standard and I can feel the bassline begging for some tone and compressor lift.

But hey dont get upset or take offence, you post on a bass forum, expect people to ask to hear the bass.
Post on a drummers forum and they will probably ask you to turn it down :mellow: