Why become a member? ×

You (Generally) lovely people.

douggie

Well my pedal settings on my Boss GT10b for Sorrow went down a storm at rehearsal last night!! Haven't listened to the rehearsal recording yet, but can't wait.

So all I can say is thanks Guy!! All down to you, you top man. So please don't leave... I may need more help as we increase our setlist from the Floyd back catalogue :P

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1368438248' post='2076941']
Well my pedal settings on my Boss GT10b for Sorrow went down a storm at rehearsal last night!! Haven't listened to the rehearsal recording yet, but can't wait.
So all I can say is thanks Guy!! All down to you, you top man. So please don't leave... I may need more help as we increase our setlist from the Floyd back catalogue :P
[/quote]

Hurrah!

Thanks to GP for answering proper geeky bass gear questions so quickly....its what we do best you know.

Surprised you'd still rate the old Trace stuff....I know it was good at the time (I'm that old too) there are so many choices today. But having it nicked must be so annoying, even if the gig's a good payer!

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1368438248' post='2076941']

[/quote]
+1 Bugger, I didn't kill a thread, I'm slipping :lol:

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1368438232' post='2076940']
Of course.

How it all happened leaves a nasty taste, too. It should have been laid to rest ages ago.
[/quote]

Yes, a proper apology could have seen it done with. anyway...

Fancy a jam, Guy? :D

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1368437997' post='2076937']I would say that anybody who is that upset about him revoking membership from himself is probably only upset because of either his status, or the information and help he could provide to people here. I'll not lose sleep over it.[/quote]

I'm not upset, and I won't lose any sleep either - but I think some people need to engage their brain a bit more before hitting the "post" button. None of us are perfect, but some people seem to think that it is their right to say exactly what they want to say - and (to quote Tom Petty) damn the torpedoes.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1368441957' post='2076993']
I'm not upset, and I won't lose any sleep either - but I think some people need to engage their brain a bit more before hitting the "post" button. None of us are perfect, but some people seem to think that it is their right to say exactly what they want to say - and (to quote Tom Petty) damn the torpedoes.
[/quote]

It is their right to say exactly what they want, it's everyones right, and that's why self editing is important, especially when what you want to say could be seen as libel, defamation or other breaches of the law.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1368443611' post='2077023']
I'd suggest you check the T&Cs of the site again Milty ;)
[/quote]

We all have the right to freedom of speech, do we not? Nothing can take that away from us. But, that doesn't mean you should always exercise that right to it's fullest extent, and why we need to self-edit to keep things moving along in a friendly way.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1368443801' post='2077026']
We all have the right to freedom of speech, do we not? Nothing can take that away from us. But, that doesn't mean you should always exercise that right to it's fullest extent, and why we need to self-edit to keep things moving along in a friendly way.
[/quote]

Nope, it's a fallacy, freedom of speech is curtailed by incitement to terrorism, libel etc. etc.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1368444752' post='2077046']
What? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

He said..

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1368444040' post='2077031']
Nope, it's a narrow boredom of yoghurt in a curtain dribbling in an overnighters pyjamas
[/quote]

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1368443801' post='2077026']
[/quote]
I saw some of the absolutely hateful results of freedom of speech with some extreme racist/ religious vitriol on Faecesbook in the aftermath of the Boston bombings (both "sides"). With freedom of speech comes responsibility and hopefully a little humility and sensitivity.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1368423311' post='2076794']
the best thing that can possibly happen now is that this saga comes to an end.[/quote]
I thought it already had. Really not enjoying this one. :(

When I said I'm not enjoying it, I meant because of the wheelbarrow thing. Bloody wheelbarrows, they really annoy me, sitting there all smug with their one bloody wheel, daring you to fill them with stuff. And the ball ones are even worse.
And bloody yogurt too. Why o why o why? And so on.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1368445613' post='2077063']
I saw some of the absolutely hateful results of freedom of speech with some extreme racist/ religious vitriol on Faecesbook in the aftermath of the Boston bombings (both "sides"). With freedom of speech comes responsibility and hopefully a little humility and sensitivity.
[/quote]

Of course it does, and I have said that, but we still have the right to say whatever we want. The consequences of that are another matter.

Matter, generally is a substance (often a particle) that has rest mass and (usually) also volume. The volume is determined by the three-dimensional space it occupies, while the mass is defined by the usual ways that mass is measured. Matter is also a general term for the substance that makes up all observable physical objects.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1368446788' post='2077093']
Matter, generally is a substance (often a particle) that has rest mass and (usually) also volume. The volume is determined by the three-dimensional space it occupies, while the mass is defined by the usual ways that mass is measured. Matter is also a general term for the substance that makes up all observable physical objects.
[/quote]

Well, yeah - if you're going to put it like that.... :rolleyes:

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1368446788' post='2077093']Matter is also a general term for the substance that makes up all observable physical objects.
[/quote]

Don't forget the 90% of the matter in the universe that is currently unobservable - dark matter. I think it's actually Marmite.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1368449301' post='2077133']
Don't forget the 90% of the matter in the universe that is currently unobservable - dark matter. I think it's actually Marmite.
[/quote]

Lol.

Don't forget that all matter that is observable could be the size of a sugar cube if we got rid of all the space.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1368446546' post='2077085']
Of course it does, and I have said that, but we still have the right to say whatever we want. The consequences of that are another matter.
[/quote]
We don't :dash1: