Why become a member? ×

You (Generally) lovely people.

douggie

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1367840261' post='2070022']
....I wonder if Guy, BillyApple and me are the only bassists on here who have done some live stand up? ....
[/quote]

Many years ago I worked with 2 guitarists (not at the same time thankfully) who did some stand up.

You couldn't have a conversation because they never switched the jokes off.

In the end I couldn't take any more "fun" and quit.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1367840726' post='2070034']
Many years ago I worked with 2 guitarists (not at the same time thankfully) who did some stand up.

You couldn't have a conversation because they never switched the jokes off.

In the end I couldn't take any more "fun" and quit.
[/quote]

I can imagine. Brings a whole new meaning to the term 'punch line' :)

[size=4]On another note, I wonder if Guy, BillyApple and me are the only bassists on here who have done some live stand up? If you think your first gig was sh*t-scary, try stand up comedy [/size] :)
[/quote]

Welcome to the forum Guy. Yes, Xilddx and I are professionally trained comedy ninja's. Perhaps we could do a three-some on stage sometime soon?

Anyway, the sun is shining and there are Ladies outside waiting to be impressed by my shiny bicycle.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1367847922' post='2070163']
Welcome to the forum Guy. Yes, Xilddx and I are professionally trained comedy ninja's. [b]Perhaps we could do a three-some on stage sometime soon?[/b]

Anyway, the sun is shining and there are Ladies outside waiting to be impressed by my shiny bicycle.
[/quote]

:blink: :lol:

[quote name='douggie' timestamp='1367834147' post='2069875']
Hi All

Just wanted to drop a line to say I do like popping in here and generally have the cockles of my heart warmed by the kind and respectful things most people have to say to and about me, which is why I'm generally glad to answer questions and give advice, (Usually just on what gear for what song for your Floyd tribute band, so, easily done..) By and large we bass players are a lovely lot.

it would be ridiculous to expect there not to be folk who don't like me, and I often respect the opinions expressed, (even I don't like me sometimes..)Although, I would say to anyone who thinks that they're being witty by using my surname as an insult against me, you're really not.

I think I was well within my rights to kick off at having my actual character questioned to the point of slander though (And by a moderator..Oh the irony....)

But onwards and upwards, all water under the bridge.

Cheers

Guy
[/quote]

Holy hell, is this actually Guy Pratt!?

Eh, Mr.Pratt, you may notice that I did not participate in said thread, which is odd, because i'm normally in the middle of any controversy :D

Anyway, that's enough arse kissed for today.

Welcome! :)

I hope this means the mess is cleared up now.

On another note, I wonder if Guy, BillyApple and me are the only bassists on here who have done some live stand up? If you think your first gig was sh*t-scary, try stand up comedy :)
[/quote]

I'm a stand up comedian in my spare time

I stand up and everyone laughs...

What? I never claimed to be good at it... :D

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1367840555' post='2070032']
That reminds me - what about a gig up Newcastle way, Guy? Go on.
[/quote]
Would love to but I just go where they send me..You need to lobby someone!

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1367858720' post='2070316']
I'm a stand up comedian in my spare time

I stand up and everyone laughs...

What? I never claimed to be good at it... :D
[/quote]

I wouldn't open with it. ;) :P

Welcome aboard Guy!

Edited by Fat Rich

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1367836373' post='2069942']
Fair play to you. Very well handled I think. :)

Apparently I've got an old Status Matrix of yours - did that ever get used on any recordings?
[/quote]
I don't know..I can't recall the Matrix..Description or pic please..

[quote name='douggie' timestamp='1367875321' post='2070610']
I don't know..I can't recall the Matrix..Description or pic please..
[/quote]
Hmmm... The only photo I have of it is this rather dodgy effort.

The shop had a rather strange looking Washburn which (like the Status) they claimed was a prototype originating from yourself. They also had a Precision which was openly advertised as 'ex Pink Floyd' in the record store a few doors down. Thinking about it the Washburn might have been an 8 string, but I wasn't paying that much attention as it wasn't my sort of thing. It's just that it didn't strike me as being the sort of bass you'd play either, which is why I've always been slightly sceptical about their claims.

Still, if you off loaded a bunch of basses to a shop in the mid nineties...

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1367881565' post='2070693']
Hmmm... The only photo I have of it is this rather dodgy effort.

The shop had a rather strange looking Washburn which (like the Status) they claimed was a prototype originating from yourself. They also had a Precision which was openly advertised as 'ex Pink Floyd' in the record store a few doors down. Thinking about it the Washburn might have been an 8 string, but I wasn't paying that much attention as it wasn't my sort of thing. It's just that it didn't strike me as being the sort of bass you'd play either, which is why I've always been slightly sceptical about their claims.

Still, if you off loaded a bunch of basses to a shop in the mid nineties...
[/quote]
Was it the audio video exchange on Notting Hill gate?

[quote name='deaky' timestamp='1367880616' post='2070683']
Cool

When you were playing bass for Bryan Ferry on Dylanesque what rig and bass did you use?
[/quote]
Ashdown ABM500 combo, Betsy, and a Bill Nash precision..

Guy, I'd just like to say that I think you have handled this whole episode, which I read from start to finish, with dignity and restraint. It speaks volumes about the type of person you are. Much respect.