Why become a member? ×

Fender "Cabronita" P Bass

JamesBass

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1365883025' post='2045685']

Sunburst, Black, Candy Apple Red.
[/quote]

Ah, there were just two in the picture I saw, didn't realise the red was Candy Apple. The sunburst is the only one that does anything for me, fire on a threaded saddle bridge and I think it'd be a winner

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1365939816' post='2046172']
Is the slight fuzz/distortion a characteristic of the pup or is it the recording/amp used?
[/quote]

Well it`s a Fender amp in the background, and they do have drive on them, but I`m hoping a lot of it comes from the pickup. One of the nicest sounds I`ve heard for ages.

[quote name='Lynottfan' timestamp='1365976198' post='2046921']
I think the cabronita would look better without the pickguard, imho.
[/quote]

Agree - but I think it would look even better with a 'proper' Precision pickguard.

The classic P-bass pickguard is a major part of the guitar's beauty - it echoes the body's outline, and brings the pickup, knobs and output socket together aesthetically.

There's no logic to the shape of the Cabronita scratchplate, particularly the curve beneath the pickup. Hideous.

[quote name='John Schoen' timestamp='1366021203' post='2047284']
Cabron is Spanish for bastard. The suffix "ita" makes it a small female bastard.
[/quote]

Which is an even more rock n roll excuse to buy one of these, get one of these, and take your "Little Bitch" to the gig B)

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Lynottfan' timestamp='1366037754' post='2047551']
I always thought, not 100%, meant mountain goat or something like that, I stand corrected and yours is much better!
[/quote]

Goat is Capra. As in Capricorne.

Sounds to me like the cabronita have cojones... could get confusing.

[quote name='Lynottfan' timestamp='1366037754' post='2047551']
I always thought, not 100%,  meant mountain goat or something like that, I stand corrected and yours is much better!
[/quote]

Cabron is also a goat, the pejorative form stems from "wearing horns" as in "your wife sleeps with everybody".

I'm not blown away on the looks (needs a rosewood board, for a start!), but I'm really liking the tone. How much of that is down to the effects and amp is hard to tell though. However, the fact that they [i]didn't[/i] put any clean sounds clips in the sample, maybe tells us something. Not a bad price for a new Fender, either, which is nice.