Why become a member? ×

Carpet - What is it with carpet?

Marvin

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1364552092' post='2027992']
stood on a bit of Axminster.

:)
[/quote]

Hope he's got a decent supply of it :( Shame taxpayers have to support financial institutions in trouble but another great household name is left to disappear!

Back on topic, apparently Steve Howe had his as a territorial thing - happy bunch Yes!!

Nearly all big time professional touring bands have carpet . I first noticed it in the early 1980s , but at that time I just thought it was rockstar affectation . There must be a reason for it , probably to do with the stages or something similar .

It helps stop reflections that cause feedback; it covers cables and stage seams so you don't trip over anything and fall on your arse; it recreates the same [i]ambience [/i]at each venue on a tour; and it looks good! What's not to like? :)
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1364562249' post='2028186']
He's a lesbian??
[/quote]

Chortle etc :D

I did set fire to a pub in Baildon by knocking one of our par cans on to the carpet. I'd have thought there should be fire regs about flammable carpets in a public place. It was a shithole anyway and nobody actually died..... well , not until the following morning. Serves them right , going out in a shell suit for christs sake.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1364566721' post='2028260']
It helps stop reflections that cause feedback; it covers cables and stage seams so you don't trip over anything and fall on your arse; it recreates the same [i]ambience [/i]at each venue on a tour; and it looks good! What's not to like? :)[/quote]

For those singists who spend a lot of stood at their mic & who do long gigs (ala Springsteen for eg.) it helps prevent sore feet by the end of tour by being stood on the spot for hours.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1364579660' post='2028490']
For those singists who spend a lot of stood at their mic & who do long gigs (ala Springsteen for eg.) it helps prevent sore feet by the end of tour by being stood on the spot for hours.
[/quote]

True, but on the other hand carpet burns can be a serious occupational hazard for rock stars...

Edited by discreet