Why become a member? ×

Mystery bassist - SOLVED!

wateroftyne

Hi all

I've been having a clear out, and I've found a stash of Bassist mags from the mid-to-late 90s. It's been a hoot reading through them - one review describes a fairly monstrous GK head as 'small' - presumably because it's only 2U high.

Anyway.. each issue usually contained a [i]'My bass rig is...'[/i] column, in which a reader discusses their gear. For some reason, one particular issue - June '97 - doesn't mention the poor subject's name anywhere in the feature. Even the contents page refers to him as 'A Bassist reader'. I'm wondering whether they literally couldn't find his name and had to go to press without it.

Here's his pic. Is this you? Do you know him? Let's give a bass brother the recognition he's deserved for the last 15 years.. we can do this!

Edited by wateroftyne

Yep....Bass Collection.

Was Basschat around in '97? I've been a BC'er since it stopped being Bassworld. Don't think it's been around that long

Edited by MoJo

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1361396822' post='1985477']
Looks like his jeans were too big, or was the style in the 90s? I don't know I was 3 when this was taken..
[/quote]

I've been feeling like I'm getting old recently anyway (I'm nearing 30 and starting to remember things that I was doing 20 years ago), things like this isn't helping!!! (yes...it was the style...)

I remember that issue as I had the 4-string version of that bass and had just bought an SMX combo at the time.

If I remember correctly the caption for the photo was "one man and his bass step out" however I don't know who it is.

I had every one of the magazines but gave them away as they were just gathering dust.