Why become a member? ×

Bergantino are back with neo loaded cabs...

Musicman20

It'll be interesting to try the 1x12'up against the Aguilar SL112.

I've been surprised that Aggie haven't made a 212 version (both 4 and 8 ohms).

The SL is about the same weight too, slightly lighter, so there will definitely bit of a head to head on these :)

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1360007565' post='1963524']
Meh. Two years after the neo price crunch Jim Bergantino wakes up, realizes that the sky hasn't fallen after all, and resumes using neo drivers. It's not a bad thing, but hardly a stop the presses moment.
[/quote]

Well, yes and no. Personally, I quite like his cabs. There is an approach to them which I quite like, eg he tends to design cabs that sound like bass guitar cabinets, and not high end PA cabs.

For me, that is a positive, for the tone goals I have.

Got an email fro Mark last night, should be here around June, they have got to be good to dethrone my ML112's which are just ridiculous for volume, depth, tone, weight etc. But Jim is the daddy when it comes to cabs!

The HD cabs are imho the best sounding cabs I have played through, I would still have my HD212 if it were lighter. I do sometimes think a pair of HD112's would have been a better solution.
The neo's will not sound as forceful from what Ken is describing.
[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1360058856' post='1964035']
I love my Berg HD112

But a light 2x12 would be lovely!
[/quote]

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1360092754' post='1964774']
Apparently these fit into the Aguilar DB type tonal area. Bonus. At that weight, with Bergs high quality, I'm quite excited!
[/quote]

I thought that from KJ's comments...

Interesting...

Ooooh, now that 212 does sound interesting. The ae410 is my favourite cab ever to date, but I'd love it if it were a tad lighter, largely because I'm struggling with a dodgy wrist these days. And more whump is never to be ignored :D

Edited by 51m0n

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - okay these will be available in April, the 112 will be around £600 and the 212 around £950 - prices tbc depending on exchange rates etc. Thera era exactly the same sized boxes as the current 112 and 212HD cabinets but lighter. I am not able to comment on tone as I have not heard them but would assume that they will be on par with Jim's already impressive heritage of amazing cabinets :-)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1360012365' post='1963639']

Well, yes and no. Personally, I quite like his cabs. There is an approach to them which I quite like, eg he tends to design cabs that sound like bass guitar cabinets, and not high end PA cabs.

For me, that is a positive, for the tone goals I have.
[/quote]
Guessing you haven't tried a BFM cab then...