Why become a member? ×

looking for a 1 cab solution

leroydiamond

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]i have been using a Markbass traveler 15 cab together with a traveler 2by 10 cab for years and they have served me well. however I want to go for a 1 cab solution. i need a relatively small replacement, so 4by10 lightweights are out. I play in a rock setting so plenty of ooomph required here. Using a markbass f500 amp so the replacement cab will need to be a good match. Any suggestions fellas?[/font][/color]

Edited by leroydiamond

Many folks here will recommend Barefaced - a super 12 T would sound like the flagship model for your needs.
If you don't have almost a grand to spare, take a look at the GK 2x12 neo II. Just a few kg heavier but half the cost of a S12T. A very, very competent cab also.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1356966455' post='1915748']
I am guesing you'll need a horn... if not then a 212 over a 15. 210 not enough for loud bands.
[/quote]
Agreed. 210 not loud enough. Anyone tried the genz [color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]NEOX NX2 212T?.[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1356975966' post='1915966']

Agreed. 210 not loud enough. Anyone tried the genz [color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]NEOX NX2 212T?.[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

That would be my choice for a lightweight 4 ohm small-ish cab. I wouldn't have a one cab solution without a horn or a mid driver.

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1356975966' post='1915966']

[/quote]

Yep and it should match your 2x10 and 1x15 imo, equal to any 4x10 and better than many I have used, no idea what the barefaced are like but I'd be surprised if the gk was even close, I know they have some build quality issues too but then again a neox is £800.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1356983185' post='1916134']
yeah the barefaced compact should be plenty loud.

Have you tried using your traveller 15 on its own?
[/quote]
yea tried the 15 on its own but it needs the 2x10 to give it the extra mid/high end push and allows the f500 to run at 500 watts

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1357003686' post='1916352']
but I'd be surprised if the gk was even close, I know they have some build quality issues too but then again a neox is £800.
[/quote]

I suspect you are mixing up what you have heard about the much cheaper MBE series cabs (which are clearly made down to a price) with the much higher quality neo cabs. You will struggle to find much bad written about these GK neo cabs, as most owners simply seem very happy, and I can attest to this.
it' a little unfair to put down something you have no experience of, and have not tried to find out a balanced online experience of.

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1357024259' post='1916436']
I suspect you are mixing up what you have heard about the much cheaper MBE series cabs (which are clearly made down to a price) with the much higher quality neo cabs. You will struggle to find much bad written about these GK neo cabs, as most owners simply seem very happy, and I can attest to this.
it' a little unfair to put down something you have no experience of, and have not tried to find out a balanced online experience of.
[/quote]

Thats fair enough I have indeed mixed it up with the cheapo one which does have issues (many on this forum over the last few months), fwiw I have tried GK gear inc the 2x12 and for me the 4 ohms, taller cabinet, front porting and rubber castors still swayed me anyway, in its defence again the Genz is much more expensive still at an extra £300. :)

[quote name='Mog' timestamp='1357026223' post='1916439']
Hydrive 112 should do the job in most small to medium sized situations.
[/quote]
I love my Genx 1x12T cab and it will do most gigs but if the OP is looking to shed a 2x10 and a 1x15 without feeling like he has lost out a single 1x12 wont cut the mustard IMO? 2 of them maybe but thats not a one cab solution is it ;)

Edited by stingrayPete1977