Why become a member? ×

November Composition Competition - Voting Time!

charic

[quote name='Elvis Valentine' timestamp='1354208715' post='1883673']
lmfao.
Dude its a sin. Your track is really good. I mean they all are but no votes is silly.
I want to say best of luck but i dont want it to sound like im taking the pi55 :) .
[/quote]
I got one, thanks whoever you are mysterious benefactor you can end it now :)

Edited by Pinball

Looks like people are only voting for the front runners now which is a bloody shame. Bit rich coming from me I know but it's starting to feel like an eBay auction :( Ah well.

I'm gonna put out one more call for votes then I'm out in the Scots wilderness till I get home later tonight (and its bloody freezing!). Hopefully back in time to catch the final scores...

Adios amigos!

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1354262006' post='1884136']
Looks like people are only voting for the front runners now which is a bloody shame. Bit rich coming from me I know but it's starting to feel like an eBay auction :( Ah well.
[/quote]

And there are a good few that have had many fewer listens than there are votes, which is also a bloody shame.

Never mind.

The race between the top three seems like it will be very interesting tonight!

Good luck in the wilderness mate :)

If people dont play the track all the way through or at least half way it wont get counted on souncloud, they should, but most wont if they dont like the vibe within a short while they will just move to next one. So far I have 27 votes and 77 listens all the way through, could of had loads more listens but they thought it was cr.p, which is a fair enough. Skol has had loads which is amazing, well deserves his position .so far. :)

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1354280204' post='1884361']
It's a fantastic turnout this time - especially considering the problems with the poll earlier in the week. I hope there will continue to be this much interest in future competitions when there isn't as much at stake.
[/quote]Well quite!

Having just acquired Miroslav Philharmonk in a sale I have told myself that next month will be orchestral...now watch me roll back on that when I realise it's too hard :lol:

Right then, back to flipping coins for a final decision

Where did you get the bargain on Miroslav software, Walman? I have looked at that before. I currently use a really old version of Edirol (I think? It was written before Bach died) and it is ok but I know the Miroslav stuff is better. I am also thinking of working on full orhestral composing in future but it is hard, not only because of the complexity of the arranging but because getting the software to work is a nightmare.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1354284872' post='1884450']
Where did you get the bargain on Miroslav software, Walman? I have looked at that before. I currently use a really old version of Edirol (I think? It was written before Bach died) and it is ok but I know the Miroslav stuff is better. I am also thinking of working on full orhestral composing in future but it is hard, not only because of the complexity of the arranging but because getting the software to work is a nightmare.
[/quote]Esoundz had it on Black Friday Special for just under $50 plus an extra Sampletank library. Compared to $150 seemed a pretty good deal having had the cut down version for a while. I think IK Multimedia had the same deal running (it is theirs after all) excluding the Sampletank library. 4200 sounds including coughs & scraps for complete authenticity :lol:

Esoundz.com tend to offer some pretty good extras on these deals.

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1354288357' post='1884505']
Esoundz had it on Black Friday Special for just under $50 plus an extra Sampletank library. Compared to $150 seemed a pretty good deal having had the cut down version for a while. I think IK Multimedia had the same deal running (it is theirs after all) excluding the Sampletank library. 4200 sounds including coughs & scraps for complete authenticity :lol:

Esoundz.com tend to offer some pretty good extras on these deals.
[/quote]

I got that too, the instruments sounds rather lovely. I can't wait to try them out.