Why become a member? ×

Scrambled Menus

Beer of the Bass

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1353253160' post='1872950']
Thanks guys we're looking into it. Problem is that I'm in the UK, the web developer is away in China and Steve is in NZ so we mainly are able to work on things in the morning.

In the meantime thank you all for your patience

ped
[/quote]

One of the down-sides of out-sourcing off-shore..! :P

Congratulations and respect to all involved in fixing these issues so diligently and promptly. As a proportion of world troubles, definitely 'first world', of course, but what would Sunday afternoon be without BC..? Time for a modest contribution to site up-keep costs, anyone..? Have a quote from Joni Mitchell on me...

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til it's gone"
([i]Big Yellow taxi[/i]...)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1353267689' post='1873081']
One of the down-sides of out-sourcing off-shore..! :P

Congratulations and respect to all involved in fixing these issues so diligently and promptly. As a proportion of world troubles, definitely 'first world', of course, but what would Sunday afternoon be without BC..? Time for a modest contribution to site up-keep costs, anyone..? Have a quote from Joni Mitchell on me...

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til it's gone"
([i]Big Yellow taxi[/i]...)
[/quote]

Yeah tell me about it - actually the developer is only temporarily in China for work, so it's not technically outsourcing. I will however see if I can pay Chinese rates, though. Be prepared for more down-time ;)

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1353268008' post='1873092']
It maybe just me, but could you ask your man if he could move 'Amps and Cabs' in the for sale section to the left slightly? It's currently hovering over where all the topics and replies totals are :)
[/quote]

Yeah we're just playing around with that. May have to wait for a bit whilst it's corrected.

I'm really confused about what is going on with the classifieds. I like to look through them every day, going back a few days. Looks like that facility has now gone, or at least to a cut off point sometime around yesterday.
Struggling to believe there are only half a dozen listings since yesterday, I am obviously doing something wrong. I am going round in circles trying to find out what basses, amps and cabs are for sale.
I appreciate what a fantastic resource the owners and mods provide for us, but I am an old luddite and I'm not going to spend the rest of my life trying to figure it out.
Thank you all though, for the fantastic site.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1353269759' post='1873124']
Good work guys. I'm going to donate a tenner to help with the overtime. Everyone else should too.
[/quote]

Thanks for that, very kind. A nice conclusion to a frustrating day!

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1353270133' post='1873133']
I'm really confused about what is going on with the classifieds. I like to look through them every day, going back a few days. Looks like that facility has now gone, or at least to a cut off point sometime around yesterday.
Struggling to believe there are only half a dozen listings since yesterday, I am obviously doing something wrong. I am going round in circles trying to find out what basses, amps and cabs are for sale.
I appreciate what a fantastic resource the owners and mods provide for us, but I am an old luddite and I'm not going to spend the rest of my life trying to figure it out.
Thank you all though, for the fantastic site.
[/quote]

There have been issues with the new section meaning that the listing item button was hardly visible for most people. Literally just now, Hamster's closed the old 'for sale' forums and new listings will go in the classifieds section. You should still be able to view listings in the old section, though.

The classifieds area will be great when people start to use it, looking forward to watching it grow.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1353331661' post='1873681']
Just in case you hadn't already spotted it, the Calendar is currently unavailable...
[/quote]

Thanks - it's working here but I'll add it to the list. It's probably related to some of the tab/page issues we're aware of.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1353339150' post='1873808']
Thanks - it's working here but I'll add it to the list. It's probably related to some of the tab/page issues we're aware of.
[/quote]

That's probably because you're a Admin.

I'm still getting this message:

[code][#104211.1] You do not have permission to access the calendar.[/code]

[quote name='ted_manzie' timestamp='1353314629' post='1873408']
the breadcrumb thing has changed - used to say for example

[b]Basschat / Basschat Market Place / Basses For Sale[/b]

now says

[b]Basschat / / / Basses For Sale[/b]

so you can't skip back to the general market place?
[/quote]

Fixed