Why become a member? ×

November Composition Competition - Added Twist

charic

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1352051623' post='1858189']
Well, here goes :)

[url="http://soundcloud.com/blademan_98/emotional-death"]http://soundcloud.co...emotional-death[/url]

I found the photos really sad so an emo track has sprung up!
(Sorry about the vocal :( )
Hope you like it lol
[/quote]
i really like it. I love soundscape/talking tracks. :)

Arrgh! I hope i get enough time. I can get about an hour a night for about 3-4 days a week to work on it. The second half is written but i've only got the drums and bass down. Desperately trying to get guitar and organ down by the end of the week. So i can write and record the first half. Still just have a rough idea for it.

[quote name='steve' timestamp='1352331745' post='1861975']
Mine's pretty much complete except for the vocals, tried singing today, but i was very flat <_<
[/quote]

Singing!

I kind of make noises into the stick thing with the cable coming out, people are getting really technical with this competition stuff! Singing,chords, drum tracks laid down, what the hell is everyone on about! What happened to pluck the strings and shout :dash1:

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1352335396' post='1861997']

Singing!

I kind of make noises into the stick thing with the cable coming out, people are getting really technical with this competition stuff! Singing,chords, drum tracks laid down, what the hell is everyone on about! What happened to pluck the strings and shout :dash1:
[/quote]
Absolutely :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1352316554' post='1861606']Can I just say how satisfying it is to see everyone enjoying this so much :)[/quote]

Yes you can! Best thing that's happened to the Recording forum. And the best challenge of its sort that I've been involved in. Granted, there seems to be a limited number of folk getting stuck in (which is typical of these things), but there's a real buzz from those that are and it's much more friendly than other similar competitions I've seen (which can, quite frankly, become tw@t magnets). This is exactly what music forums are for in my opinion - making and sharing music, not just talking about it!

Great idea. And well done Charic for setting it up :drinks:

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1352372333' post='1862201']
Yes you can! Best thing that's happened to the Recording forum. And the best challenge of its sort that I've been involved in. Granted, there seems to be a limited number of folk getting stuck in (which is typical of these things), but there's a real buzz from those that are and it's much more friendly than other similar competitions I've seen (which can, quite frankly, become tw@t magnets). This is exactly what music forums are for in my opinion - making and sharing music, not just talking about it!

[/quote]

Gotta agree, never really chatted on this site before and its nice to chat to some friendly people who arent up there own arses, saying that if I lose, your all ba....rds and I will never speak to anyone again :D

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1352372333' post='1862201']

[/quote]

+1 on all counts

Right then. Heres my attempt. Not entirely happy with it, but bored listening to #2 son's excuses for not adding a bit of guitar to the second bit so went with some old bolloxs I eventually managed

[url="http://soundcloud.com/aka_walman/bc-comp-nov12-run-scoob"]Run Scoob or Jim'll FixYa[/url]

And under 3 mins as well :D

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1352416104' post='1862915']
Right then. Heres my attempt. Not entirely happy with it, but bored listening to #2 son's excuses for not adding a bit of guitar to the second bit so went with some old bolloxs I eventually managed

[url="http://soundcloud.com/aka_walman/bc-comp-nov12-run-scoob"]Run Scoob or Jim'll FixYa[/url]

[/quote]

Yeah like it, nice vibe and put together well, nice one! :i-m_so_happy:

[/quote]

Nice, the second part had a vibe of some stuff Mike Oldfield used to do with the Gong drummer Pierre Moerlen.

re sibling excuses, I have the same problem getting to add vocals to tracks, hence my impending feeble efforts :rolleyes:

Edited by steve

[/quote]Class!

I've had little time to start recording and I'll start tomorrow, but I've got so little time next week. I have thought about what I want to do though, so it should get done reasonably quickly once I start.

I like the ones up already, WalMan's is great, and Blademan has surpassed himself this month. It's gonna be tough.

[/quote]

Wow, that is one slick track! Great work mate.

The two halves fit nicely together. Definitely has a 'soundtrack' feel to it - 60s Batman as mentioned; maybe some 80s action in there too. Really tightly played all round - love the bassline in particular. And well produced too, it literally burst out of my headphones. Love it.

You're damned good on guitar, as a lot of folks here seem to be… I think you're all really guitarists in disguise! :P I'm struggling with trying to add some guitar to my effort - never really played one before this month's challenge, but too late to turn back now. All part of the fun though.

Looking forward to hearing the rest. Should have mine done sometime next weekend (have little time till then).

[quote name='steve' timestamp='1352451665' post='1863123']...the second part had a vibe of some stuff Mike Oldfield used to do with the Gong drummer Pierre Moerlen.[/quote]

^ Definitely! Good comparison.

Edited by Skol303