Why become a member? ×

New Amp Day!

MarkG3

Orange Terror Bass 1000

[IMG]http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/S9_S12_Bass/78D774C7-95D3-4C4A-856F-6FF8B08CE870-1499-000000CA201420E2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/S9_S12_Bass/A3AF005C-2D16-43FC-AB8B-126DD5ECBB8C-1499-000000CA5AF79585.jpg[/IMG]

There is a bit of a dent on the side but it plays fine and can't see or hear any loose bits
[IMG]http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/S9_S12_Bass/D0AEBA57-17A4-4C02-ACE7-9EC5AE23CC2F-1499-000000CA654E32C5.jpg[/IMG]

First impressions,

Loud and sounding so good! I love how even with the gain on 12 o'clock it starts breaking up and gives the tone some balls.

So GAS struck again however it's all good! Really should join a band again so I can use this!

Edited by S9_S12_Bass

Thanks! :) hmm let me think about that and I'll get back to you..........haha

It is new with the dent, I have emailed the place I got it from with that picture and I have asked what can I have for free as its damaged so we will wait and see. I'm happy to keep it but obviously if I can get something for free to make up for it that would be good :D

Well I was given the option of getting a replacement or getting some freebies.

I'm willing to take the chance on the amp, I'm sure it's just cosmetic and the warranty will still be in place.

So I have got an Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff on the way ;) for £0

[quote name='S9_S12_Bass' timestamp='1350047193' post='1833979']
Well I was given the option of getting a replacement or getting some freebies.

I'm willing to take the chance on the amp, I'm sure it's just cosmetic and the warranty will still be in place.

So I have got an Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff on the way ;) for £0
[/quote]

Great! Not sure you will have much need for a Muff with that head though... :lol:

How does it compare to the Shuttle in terms of sound. I'm getting tired of lugging around dirty pedals to compensate for the pristine HiFi sound of mine - its just not me! I was looking at Eden and GK but I wondered if I could get over the look of the Orange (to me it looks like an old military field radio phone or something) for a sound with some b*ll*cks...?

Haha yea I see what you mean, but for me I really like the kinda retro look its got.

In comparison to the shuttle, the Orange definitely seems louder when I gave it a whirl yesterday. The eq doesn't really seem to do that much boosting past 2-3 o'clock on the Orange where as the shuttle has the added mid range frequency selector so you have more eq options with the shuttle. However the big part for me is the Orange has so much balls where the shuttle sounds good but just a little too clean for me.

I've read around that some couldn't get a clean tone from the Orange, I could with the gain around 9 o'clock

The Orange kind of reminds me of my old Trace Elliot V6.

One of the things I prefer on the Orange, which really is silly, but there isn't any lights flashing at me saying limit or signal overdrive......

Edited by S9_S12_Bass

Cool that you compensated you...you'll never need more power! But, I can't help but think a new amp would have been safer. As you've accepted this one as it is they might be reluctant to exchange it later down the line.

These micro amps have a lot jammed inside them so anything could have been knocked.

• 2 months later...

Just an update, turned it on this morning and there was a high pitched hum/ring which I hadn't noticed before - if I did I don't remember but I was worried it was caused by the damage so rang dawsons and they are picking it up and sending me a replacement. No questions asked and I get to keep the bass big muff!

[quote name='S9_S12_Bass' timestamp='1355674562' post='1901210']
Just an update, turned it on this morning and there was a high pitched hum/ring which I hadn't noticed before - if I did I don't remember but I was worried it was caused by the damage so rang dawsons and they are picking it up and sending me a replacement. No questions asked and I get to keep the bass big muff!
[/quote]

Class!