Why become a member? ×

Post gig downers

Low End Bee

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1349878584' post='1831679']
Because i want to unwind, maybe grab something to eat, watch a bit of TV when i get in, not chat or be told its late and we should go to bed (to sleep, nothing else).
Im not knocking her, just that i like to be left along when i get in, especially if ive been travelling for a few hours.
[/quote]

Hate to say it but +1
I love my wife, but I'd rather be on me own at that time. With cider, that I am not being told off for drinking. ;)

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1349882093' post='1831750']
Yeah, I do quite a bit of " me " time when I get in - just to chillax, like. Worst is when " I've invited the girls over", and when you get in they're all pissed and noisy!!!!
[/quote]
Oh yeah this +1. It takes me a good half hour after I get in and unload all the stuff just to wind down, really don't need to be plunged straight in to the bitter end of a girls drinking session!

BTW, not wanting to be sexist, but what is it with groups of women, the volume goes up tenfold for each extra woman? If we could harness that power and put it in a box that would be the loudest rig on earth!

Sort of a post gig , few days after .

Working at an engineering firm at the time , and one of the lads came up and says -

" eh Paul , you're in a band , aintcha ?"
" Yeah , I play a bit "
" Well I saw this really good band the other night (reels off band name) , I've seen them loads of times . You heard of them "
" Yeah I have , cause I play in that band , you fcukin inbred "
" No you don't "
" Think I do "
" No you don't "
" If you say so twat "
" Sorry mate , can't think how I've not seen you "

We were only a 4 piece function band , with brightly coloured Zoot suits for the function gigs . Everyone had a different colour .

I still can't believe the " no you don't " . Sums it all up . Even with a bright blue suit on , the bassist can still be ignored .

[quote name='witterth' timestamp='1349799525' post='1830708']
Just after I'd finished playing on Saturday night a Bloke came up to me and said:
"Oy! You!, whats the difference between playing The Bass Guitar and Pea Green Paint?"
"I Dunno" I said.
"Well", said he, "any F***er can Play The Bass Guitar"
(True)
[/quote]

"well, can you?" is the reply that would be so tempting to give

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1350423892' post='1838832']
I often get the wordless, smile-blankly-and-look-straight-past-you-as-you-are-just-the-bass-player-while-seeking-out-guitarist-or-hot-lady-singers treatment ...
[/quote]

Thats the bits I like. I'd hate to get "punter attack" apres gig (busy)
I'm just not tolerant/polite enough!

I was driving to a gig a few years ago and the other guys were talking about being approached by girls after gigs. I pointed out that, in 30 years of gigging with all sorts of bands, this had never happened to me in any way, shape or form.

At the end of that same gig, there was this woman who had been taking photographs who approached the guitarist/singer/leader of the band and struck up a conversation in which she revealed that she played bass.

After she had gone, he said to me 'Fcuk me, Rob, even the bass players don't want to talk to you'! :lol:

"A bit loud"
"Yea have you seen the size of our amps, and our drummer!"

Hot girl: "you're in the band right?"
"Yes i am"
Hot girl: "is you're drummer still abouts?"
-_-

"Do you do any....?"
"No!"
"C'mon its easy"
"I'm sure it is, doesn't mean we know it"
"How about any......?"
"WE DONT F*****G KNOW IT!!!"

I never get to talk to anyone after a gig because I start taking the PA down straight away. This is because of one time when I didn't, the singer packed the amp in its bag with all the speakers and mics still attached by their leads, and was about to walk off with it when I screamed at him to stop.

Edited by spinynorman