Why become a member? ×

Nate mendel signature bass

Icunningham

Grohl is one of my all time grunge/punk heroes. He started off in hardcore bands playing tiny shows and grew into a stunning drummer and songwriter. I like his style on guitar (pure riff, no messing about and doesn't hog the limelight) and his vocals are great.

The first Foo's album is amazing, and the second really set them up. I actually think the latest album is one of their best to date.

Even though I'm not a fan of the colour or the bridge, that price is tempting! Especially as its finished in nitro.

The Price stunned me a bit to be honest, when I saw Nitro/Roadworn/Badass/Duncans, I thought they'd be £900+ and dismissed the idea.

In saying that, at work, we had a 50's classic next to a Roger Waters, and I couldn't figure how on earth the Waters was £30 cheaper?

I suspect Fender know they'll do high numbers on these, We'll see, I have 4 on the way to me. Have already taken some deposits on the CS Telecaster.

[quote name='Stance' timestamp='1349230114' post='1823679']
How many times can you reinvent the wheel?...

Can´t understand the purpose of this sig... Maybe I´m getting to old for this bass sig thing (most of them of questionable taste ....)
[/quote]

It's more a point of a p bass that is set-up how you might like it to be. I am buying it as I like the look and features of it. What's with the wheel reinvention??? it is a p bass???

Edited by Flex

[quote name='Flex' timestamp='1349259465' post='1823846']
It's more a point of a p bass that is set-up how you might like it to be. I am buying it as I like the look and features of it. What's with the wheel reinvention??? it is a p bass???
[/quote]

Please, don´t get me wrong, I think it´s total legit for Fender to sell these type of basses, but for me, since I was never a sig type bassist, I can´t understand all these commercial moves..

But it´s a Fender, beats 90% of the Warwicks out there lol (now I´m in trouble)

• 1 month later...

I tried to get a hold of one locally but was informed that the original run was all sold out on pre order and the second batch was due in January. I was in the shop when the guy was speaking to the Fender rep (well, that`s who he said he was talking too.)

But as the first batch was due late Oct early Nov, I guess that`s went Pete Tong.

His bass playing in Sunny Day Real Estate was top notch, I want this bass because of that album (diary), it was recorded on his original bass before the custom shops and Lakland came about and the tone is awesome. I am aware it may not sound all that different to my current P's, but g'damn!!! I love me a P bass.

The Foo Fighters are shiting awfull.

I for one am really gassing after one of these. The fact that he has used laklands for some time suggest a bit of a sell out by fender to try and push some units, and I personally rate Nate (hey I made that rhyme!) as a player but I wouldn't have thought he was in line for a signature bass.
The reason I want one is I have really small hands, so I have mostly played jazz basses. I got a hold of a mike dirnt sig bass and love the sound but its quite clunky and I struggle a bit with the neck as its a "thick c". The Nate sig is a p bass with some body contour mods and a p bass neck and nut width but with a "slim c" neck profile.
All I have to figure out is where I'm going to get the£650 to buy one!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='StephenFerguson' timestamp='1352380169' post='1862318']
His bass playing in Sunny Day Real Estate was top notch, I want this bass because of that album (diary), it was recorded on his original bass before the custom shops and Lakland came about and the tone is awesome. I am aware it may not sound all that different to my current P's, but g'damn!!! I love me a P bass.

The Foo Fighters are shiting awfull.
[/quote]

Hey, if the Foo shits, wear it.

He has said that he recorded every single FF album with that same original Fender. He also said his CS copies sound better.

• 1 month later...

Ah. I saw http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-nate-mendel-p-bass-candy-apple-red/75186?gclid=CL3C_4mExbQCFSTLtAodH0sAlA and http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars_detail.asp?stock=12100116063758&gclid=CI-wlYuExbQCFW_KtAodxwEAJw

Just trying to find excuses to click that buy button.

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1356976900' post='1915993']
Got one on thomann. was tempted for a minute but ended up dropping a deposit on a US FSR P for sale on here (the Wine red one) - looks similair!
[/quote]

Am both envious, and relieved about that at the same time :)