Why become a member? ×

Nate mendel signature bass

Icunningham

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1344211285' post='1761407']
Are there any pics of this?!
[/quote]

Huge picture, sorry! No idea how to make it smaller. There's the Chris Shiflett sig tele too, looks nice...
[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/31932010151986344755545.jpg/"][/url]

• 1 month later...

NICE! I used to hate the idea of artificially relic'd instruments but I really have come around to the idea and this looks great. A nice vintage tint to the neck and I Iove the 70's Fender logo, just a cool bass.

At the end of the day, it is just another Fender Precision but its a nice colour and a good spec with the SD quarter punder and the badass. I presume its mexican made like the Road Worn stuff? if so I think they will be fantastic and a nicer neck profile for those that cant get on with the huge 50's precisions they currently make.

I would still like to see them do something a bit more radical though.....

I like it but yet another Fender Mexican Artist model . . . . Whatever happened to letting the Japs continue thier beautiful guitars?
Ain't ever heard a bad word from the Marcus Millers, Geddy Lee's and Sting basses. . . Mexicans I can hold a lot against, unfortunately :(

UK store with Price:
www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/bass_guitars/bass_4_string_bass_guitars/1287_fender_nate_mendel_p_bass

BSB

On close inspection, I'm surprised to see Nate playing, maybe an American copy of his "signature" bass. . . I'll let you decide
(Pictures from Merchant City Music and from the official Fender website)

Take note of the headstock and signature.

[IMG]http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/graeskyenathoof/Random/6acdf9183b83331dea6d227f6e32f19b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/graeskyenathoof/Random/c6c6b318c55b818fdccb085623f2e26f.jpg[/IMG]

BSB

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1349142232' post='1822400']
I believe that he's been using Fender Custom Shop versions of his original Precision
for a while.
It's not uncommon for Artists to play custom versions of their signature instruments.
[/quote]

I think it`s mentioned on the clip he did for Fender about the P bass. The custom shop built one for him as he didn`t want to take the original on the road in case anything happened to it and it was a better bass than his original.

It`s actually a decent price when you compare it to the Standard

Standard £445

Nat M £665

The NM has a baddass, SD pickup and Fender marked tuners, gig bag and nitro finish. All in all, well worth it.

If you like The Foos/Nate of course :rolleyes:

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1349123116' post='1822219']
On a more basic level I hate the music of the Foo Fighters. It has the safey safe production values of Christian rock, the dynamic range of paint drying and the actual emotion and meaning that only minted 40+ guys dressing 20 years too young for their age can attest to. It doesn't help that the only people I know who listen to the Foo Fighters couldn't pick out good music if it was hitting them on the head with a hammer. Want a vaguely punkish AOR playing in the background? Go with the Foos.
[/quote]

Now be fair, the first couple of albums were great... ;)