Why become a member? ×

Maroon 5

Pete Academy

Most definately agree from what I know of Maroon 5 (admittedly only the hits). The singles off the first album, though not exactly high up on my playlist, were at least decent songs which I can still enjoy today. Then I heard Moves Like Jagger earlier this year, and hoped the rest of the album wasn't as dire. Checking out youtube, my fears were confirmed :(

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1341587397' post='1721482']
The production of the first album was really sweet. Drums sounded awesome. Dunno what happened to them. Ah well.
[/quote]
Yep the production is outstanding on the first album. The drummer actually had a lot to do with it if I remember correctly, and he's done the production certainly on the following 2 albums even though he doesn't play for them. I personally like 'Moves Like Jagger', but I haven't heard any of the recent stuff beyond 'Hands All Over' so I can't cast judgment.

And yes I call it Moobs like Jabba/Jagga to! We don't play to set lists so the stage signal for that one is cupping our 'breasts'!

Dan

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1341587556' post='1721485']
They got

They got popular...... ergo they are sh*te.

Moves like Jagger is a blinding pop tune!
[/quote]

This!!
Weird that people need to shout their negative opinions all the time :)

Si

Mentioned this before, I think, but I hope it bears repeating:
Eyal Amir, Jordan Rudess and Tammy Scheffer did a great vocals/iPad version of Moves Like Jagger:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8gffhbeUhs[/media]

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1341587397' post='1721482']
The production of the first album was really sweet. Drums sounded awesome. Dunno what happened to them. Ah well.
[/quote]

Biiiiig drum sound on that opening track! Everything sounded expensive.
Slightly OT but in a similar 'big first album but what happened next' kind of way, what ever happened to The Feeling?

[quote name='chardbass' timestamp='1341651534' post='1722223']

Biiiiig drum sound on that opening track! Everything sounded expensive.
Slightly OT but in a similar 'big first album but what happened next' kind of way, what ever happened to The Feeling?
[/quote]
Haha! I'm seeing them later this month! The singer was an ex student of my dads and we're still in contact with him. They had 2 albums since, not as catchy as the first but still enjoyable to listen to.

[quote name='chardbass' timestamp='1341659097' post='1722345']
I had no idea- big mainstream success with their first album. Heavy play listing etc.
Enjoy the gig :-)
[/quote]
I will, thank you! Dan kindly dedicated a song in memory of my dad when he died last year. Sound bloke and an excellent businessman.

Dan