Why become a member? ×

South West meeting Sun nov 18th 12-4. Venue now also confirmed see #135

0175westwood29

Anyone going that would be interested in stuff for sale as I could being along?

[b]Aluminium Warwick bass case[/b] for £50? No keys unfortunately-I have too many cases. I think its Rockbass from memory.
Original [b]SandsAmp[/b]-not mine but the guy wants £100 for it.
A old P[b]eavy 15" BW cab[/b] that weighs a ton. £30
My [b]Crafter acoustic bass[/b] thats for sale on here £250 ono. Once I restring it with nylons I'll be taking it to work to play at lunch times and removing it from the for sale section.

I'll probably bring my Sandberg or Crafter along as I don't have many pedals. Could bring the Carvin but I have the action set high as I like it that way.

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1351192979' post='1848591']
As Pinball mentioned, I'll be coming along to this. If anyone fancies a go on anything in my signature, let me know and I'll make sure I'll bring it. If you're interested in buying either of my Bass Collections or my Dean, let me know too!
[/quote]

Well I always like the sound of your amp and Overwater

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1352044887' post='1858097']
Me to, can take one prrson with me from plymouth? Just need some fuel money, have a van so happy to take gear pm me if you interested
[/quote]

I'm tentative depending on commitments & uni work at the mo. However if i do go i'd be up for a lift i reckon but will confirm closer to the date. Obviously if someone else comes along with a definite confirmation then off course let them join you. :)

Anyhow where is Sherbourne? :blush:

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='Rasta' timestamp='1352105338' post='1858622']
I'm tentative depending on commitments & uni work at the mo. However if i do go i'd be up for a lift i reckon but will confirm closer to the date. Obviously if someone else comes along with a definite confirmation then off course let them join you. :)

[/quote]

Let Google be your friend.....! and it's spelt "Sherborne"!

[quote name='Rasta' timestamp='1352105338' post='1858622']

[/quote]

Ok rasta that no probs

I have now confirmed the venue as The Queens Head in Milborne Port, DT9 5DQ,5 minutes outside of Sherborne on the A30.
Map enclosed: if you are coming from the West it is the last pub in the village on the left-hand side, turn immediately left after the pub and the car park is 50 m down the road on the right.
We will be in Skittle Alley which is accessed half way down the building on the left. If more turn up or it gets too crowded we will extend into the Milking Parlour.
The pub does Sunday Lunches so if anyone wishes to eat food is on hand.
[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1T4ADRA_enGB476GB476&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=queens+head+milborne+port&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=queens+head&hnear=0x487247e62f4cda43:0x239b33f5b9e4cf08,Milborne+Port,+Somerset&cid=0,0,3528430685486134526&sa=X&ei=FlSaUP-8CKOi0QWLzoCYBw&ved=0CGkQ_BIwBA"]http://maps.google.c...ved=0CGkQ_BIwBA[/url]

Anyone bringing their partners/offspring who are not too interested in the Bass side, could direct them back to Sherborne which has a lovely main Street (Cheap Street) with lots of small shops and tea rooms and obviously the Abbey.

[b]N[b].[/b]B Whilst the link to the map I have supplied is accurate, there is a Queens Arms mentioned at Corton Denham, this is not the venue! Equally although the Google map says "Queens Head, Sherborne", the venue is actually in Milborne Port, not Sherborne.[/b]

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1352070861' post='1858506']
Anyone going that would be interested in stuff for sale as I could being along?

[b]Aluminium Warwick bass case[/b] for £50? No keys unfortunately-I have too many cases. I think its Rockbass from memory.
Original [b]SandsAmp[/b]-not mine but the guy wants £100 for it.
A old P[b]eavy 15" BW cab[/b] that weighs a ton. £30
My [b]Crafter acoustic bass[/b] thats for sale on here £250 ono. Once I restring it with nylons I'll be taking it to work to play at lunch times and removing it from the for sale section.

I'll probably bring my Sandberg or Crafter along as I don't have many pedals. Could bring the Carvin but I have the action set high as I like it that way.
[/quote]

ooh adding a great playing Spector Legend 4 advertised in the basses for sale section £250. Currently set up BEAD.

Everything goes in ebay at the end of the month if no takers.

Ok chaps, Jo Burt ex Sabbath, Queen, Freddie Mercury and others, will be coming to the bash. He's a nice chap and has some great road trip stories. I thought, if people were interested, Jo might have 20 mins to share some stories and answer any questions any if us have about working with some Divas!
I've asked him to bring along a bass or two that had some "stories".

John

Think perhaps I might bring some gear to this thing...

If anybody wants to try any of the following then give me a shout!
Fender Highway One Precision (USA)
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
DHA VT1 Bass-Drive-EQ
EHX Germanium Big Muff
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Zoom B3
Ashdown ABM500 EvoII
Hartke VX 115
Hartke VX 1508

Most of it is fairly modest tbh, but if it is of any interest to anyone then let me know :)

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1352728322' post='1866569']
Think perhaps I might bring some gear to this thing...

If anybody wants to try any of the following then give me a shout!
Fender Highway One Precision (USA)
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
DHA VT1 Bass-Drive-EQ
EHX Germanium Big Muff
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Zoom B3
Ashdown ABM500 EvoII
Hartke VX 115
Hartke VX 1508

Most of it is fairly modest tbh, but if it is of any interest to anyone then let me know :)
[/quote]

Hey Joe.....I'd like to try the VMJV please, I foolishly bought a 4 string version which I hope to shift and replace with the 5 string version as I play 5 strings only!

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1352714768' post='1866330']
Ok chaps, Jo Burt ex Sabbath, Queen, Freddie Mercury and others, will be coming to the bash. He's a nice chap and has some great road trip stories. I thought, if people were interested, Jo might have 20 mins to share some stories and answer any questions any if us have about working with some Divas!
I've asked him to bring along a bass or two that had some "stories".

John
[/quote]

Good Work John!! I am sure we can give him a small slot in our crowded schedule......!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1352730195' post='1866603']
Hey Joe.....I'd like to try the VMJV please, I foolishly bought a 4 string version which I hope to shift and replace with the 5 string version as I play 5 strings only!
[/quote]

Oh, is it the one with the natural wood body by any chance? I'm after one of those... but i'm quite specific about the body type. Natural wood or white for me only.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1352732460' post='1866652']
Oh, is it the one with the natural wood body by any chance? I'm after one of those... but i'm quite specific about the body type. Natural wood or white for me only.
[/quote]

It is indeed! I've only had it for about a month now and still haven't quite got round to setting it up yet, so I'll get me tools out before Sunday! :)