Why become a member? ×

South West meeting Sun nov 18th 12-4. Venue now also confirmed see #135

0175westwood29

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1352733381' post='1866673']
I was asking about york5stringer's 4 string jazz sorry! I can't get along with 5 strings unfortunately. :(
[/quote]

It's Black, very Black, the Blackest Black you've ever seen...nice white pearloid scratchplate mind....! ;)

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1352735086' post='1866709']
It's Black, very Black, the Blackest Black you've ever seen...nice white pearloid scratchplate mind....! ;)
[/quote]

Dang, that's still nice that! Wouldn't mind a play on it! I'll be bringing both my Bass Collections (with a mind to sell if anyone's interested) and if I have room, also my Tanglewater. I'll have my Ashdown 220 Touring amp too if there's space.

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1352714768' post='1866330']
Ok chaps, Jo Burt ex Sabbath, Queen, Freddie Mercury and others, will be coming to the bash. He's a nice chap and has some great road trip stories. I thought, if people were interested, Jo might have 20 mins to share some stories and answer any questions any if us have about working with some Divas!
I've asked him to bring along a bass or two that had some "stories".
[/quote]
That's great, did Jo play bass or guitar with those bands?

Update re the Venue. They will be doing Sunday Lunches and the " normal" type of pub food "Scampi", "sandwiches" etc so do please support them as we are getting the venue F.O.C.

There will be a collection jar too, it would be good if everyone could make a contribution to either/and support a Charity of Jo Burt's choice or the pub, who like many licensed venues at the moment finding things tough!

Also the first 10 Basschatters through the door will be getting some Basschat "[s]crap" [/s]memorabilia!

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1353086061' post='1871550']
am gutted to have to say this but due to sudden fiancal problems i cant afford to take my pay for the diesel to get me there and back so im gonna have to pull out! sorry to do it last minute hope alot of ppl still turn out

andy
[/quote]
shame - i'll take some pics so you can see what you missed :P

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1353175087' post='1872461']
Due to some optimism regarding the post to down here, the promised Basschat Heirlooms for the first 10 through the door will not hit Dorset till at least Monday. Apologies and I hope that will not stop people attending!
[/quote]

I'm sure the venue will let people sleep over so they can get the Basschat wares on Monday.

[quote name='deaver' timestamp='1353175991' post='1872471']
I'll be there providing me and Thor survive gigs in Shrewton and Salisbury respectively
[/quote]

Aaaargh Shrewton, the "Helmand Province of Wiltshire". Tough it out guys, and see you Sunday Jon!

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1353176860' post='1872488']
Aaaargh Shrewton, the "Helmand Province of Wiltshire". Tough it out guys, and see you Sunday Jon!
[/quote]
Funny cos i go through Shrewton a lot and rarely see any sign of life.

Gigging tonight in Bournemouth on a late one and then got signed off by Mrs BottomE for tomorrows BassBash :)

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1353179828' post='1872537']
Funny cos i go through Shrewton a lot and rarely see any sign of life.

Gigging tonight in Bournemouth on a late one and then got signed off by Mrs BottomE for tomorrows BassBash :)

[/quote]

My wife is from Shrewton and the the biggest excitement they had recently was the local Co-op doing a refurb....!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='fremsley' timestamp='1353185463' post='1872627']
Hi - Just joined this group after hearing about the South-West gathering when I was at Mansons Guitar Show today. I dont live too far from Milborne Port so thought I might pop in. What happens at these events - chatting, buying/selling, playing?
[/quote]

Welcome!
What happens? All those things.
Very chilled, have a gander at people's gear, maybe have a play on it too, chat. It's in a pub, so maybe a pint and a pie?
Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

John

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1353176560' post='1872482']
Not sure if there is space in the car for this but if anyone wants it I (we) can try and bring it.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/192244-aluminium-bass-case/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]
[/quote]just make sure you bring that UMBO :)

Back home now. The family had lunch at the pub (good prices) and then left to have a wander around Sherborne. I had a whale of a time trying out all the lovely gear and was particularly impressed by a great-sounding Sandberg that I'll never be able to afford, but never mind.
A big thanks to John (oldslapper) and Yorks5stringer for all their good work in organizing everything.

I'll try to bring an amp and a cab next year!